The Pistons got a much-needed win on the road against the Kings Wednesday night. With a 57-58 halftime score the game that looked like it was going to a battle, but the Pistons put the pedal to the floor with a 31 point swing and led by 15 with four minutes left in the third quarter and never looked back.
- Stuckey and Monroe put up huge numbers, as well as Prince. The trio combined for 95 of the Pistons 124 points.
- Prince had 28 including his 9000th career point. Prince, who’s been playing well during the Pistons resurgence added 7 assists, 2 blocked shots a steal and five boards in 36 minutes on the floor.
- Trade deadline is 3pm today – Via @Chris_Broussard ESPN Insider “Detroit is shopping Austin Daye all day every day. Not many teams biting right now.”
- Monroe and Brandon Knight with double-doubles.
- Brandon Knight scored 10 point,a career high 11 assists, and zero turnovers.
- Yes…that happened.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/kings/2012/03/15/0021100634_det_sac_play5.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- The Pistons were giving up easy baskets to start this one, but started to play with more energy in the second quarter. Key word…Defense.
- Every game this team plays better defense. Thank you L Frank.
- Greg Monroe, winner of the Monroe/Cousins battle put up 32 points on 15 for 20 shooting with 11 board. He looked like he was on a mission all night long.
Greg Monroe: “The first game we won (against the Kings in Detroit). Tonight we won and that’s all that matters. Great team effort tonight, (Rodney) Stuckey got hot. Tay (Prince) got hot.… You never let a one-on-one matchup win the game.”
- The Kings had 48 points with seven minutes left in the first half.
- Another Stucktacular night for Rodney, who led all scorers with 35 points, 6 assists and 5 boards. As most of us have said before, this is what Stuckey could have always done if he was a two guard instead of making him be the point on this team for so many seasons.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/kings/2012/03/14/0021100634_det_sac_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Jerebko had a bug and missed shoot around, but still managed to play 15 minutes. He scored 4 points with 4 fouls.
- Pistons outscored the Kings 40-23 in the third quarter.
- Playing like a team. Detroit with 29 assists on the night.
Lawrence Frank: “We loss to Utah, we won tonight, and now we prepare for Phoenix. I don’t look at it as an entire road trip. I look at it as one game at a time. I don’t think losing to Utah set a bad tone; I think we just lost the game. We are coming together as a team. It’s been a collection of things that are happening together that has allowed us to get some wins. We are making incremental improvements. It’s not just one game or one player, but as a team we are doing well on both sides of the ball.”
- Nice to get this one, especially with the schedule.
- Ben Gordon anyone? Deadline coming up.