The Pistons lost their 10 point lead to the Clippers as they struggled to score in fourth quarter leading to the Clippers tying the game late and finally winning 87-83 in overtime in LA.
- Detroit lost this one in the fourth quarter squandering a lead and scoring just 9 points in the fourth. You can’t give up 17 points and score just nine in the fourth quarter and win.
- With the ball in his hands, Tayshaun Prince had the chance to win the game with the score tied at 74 an 19 seconds on the clock. Tay didn’t even get a shot off, when Paul clamped down on the D and forced a Prince turnover.
- Tayshaun finished with 20 points on 9-for-17 shooting with 7 assists and two blocked shots. It’s nice to see solid numbers from Price, especially when Stuckey, Knight and Ben Gordon aren’t really scoring.
- Tom Gores sitting court side to see is Pistons play.
- Rodney Stuckey was 1-for-8 with six points, 2 assists and a board in 35 minutes. He wasn’t on the floor in crunch tine down the wire. Apparently he tweaked his foot in Sacramento as Frank alluded to him playing in pain all game long in his post game interview.
- Jonas Jerebko scrapped and fought for everything all game long and don’t think his baby hook didn’t fall a couple of times on Sunday.
- Jonas finished with 14 points with 8 boards an assist, a steal and a blocked shot in 29 minutes on the floor.
- Despite the fourth quarter collapse you have to be proud of this team for fighting hard the entire game. It’s games like this that make you realize that this is a team that wants to win, tries hard doing it and eventually will make it happen.
- Yes, we also think he’s the steal of last year’s draft.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/clippers/2012/03/18/0021100663_det_lac_play5.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Monroe was a beast, leading the Pistons with 23 points, 15 boards and a blocked shot. He was clutch and did a fine job on Griffin, who didn’t make the game his personal highlight reel.
- Ben Gordon…still turrable. 3-for-11 shooting for 7 points, 5 assists and 5 turnovers. He looks like he doesn’t even care out there.
- It’s clear that this team needs Rodney to play well to win. At least that’s what we have seen this season.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/clippers/2012/03/18/0021100663_det_lac_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Plenty of Pistons fans in the house in LA.
- Gordon and Jonas Jerebko, Damien Wilkins and Ben Wallace helped the Pistons in the first quarter as they led the Detroit to a 14-2 run that erased a 10-point Clippers lead.
- Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Knight combined to shoot 7 of 33.
- Two key jump balls that the Pistons didn’t get their hands on could let to a different outcome for Detroit.
- Knight 3-for-14 for 6 points and 0 for 7 from downtown.
- Chris Paul just missed a triple-double with 9 boards, 15 assists and 19 points.
Greg Monroe: “Everyone feels like we should have won this game, because we came out and played hard for four quarters. A couple loose balls, a couple missed assignments, a missed block-out and that’s the difference in this game.”
- Yes…yes they should have.
- Next up Denver on Wednesday.