The return trip home to the Pistons wasn’t such a happy homecoming as the Miami Heat took down Detroit 88-73. The Pistons showed a little spark by coming back from a 26 point deficit in the third quarter to get as close as nine.
- The Heat, clearly the superior team, scored 59 first half points and their big three combined for 56 points on the night.
Damion Wilkens “It looked like everyone else in the league was in the lockout and they weren’t.”
- 21 turnovers for Detroit.
- You can see how hard it is for this team to score against a great defensive team.
- Ben Gordon coming off his 45 point game against the Nuggets scored just 10 points on 4-for-10 shooting with 4 boards, 2 steals and 7 turnovers. He also missed the his three 3-point attempts on the night after tying a record on Wednesday with nine consecutive. Sadly that’s the Ben Gordon we know here in Detroit.
- LeBron James has now won 17 straight against the Pistons.
- Brandon Knight led the Pistons with 18 points on 6-for-12 shooting with a rebound and 3 assists.
- Get it to Greg Monroe! Greg with just five shots on the night. Greg with a rare nonexistent showing for the Pistons. Moose put up just five points and 6 boards.
- No Stuckey seems to mean no winning.
- When Ben Wallace and Damion Wilkens are the only players not in the negative of your +/- column, you probably lost.
- Maxiell 0-for-6 with 7 boards.
- Tayshaun scored 11 on 5-for-12 shooting with one assist and 6 boards. It’s games like this that you need your veteran to step up and do something when the team is clearly outmatched.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- A rare appearance from Austin Day, who scored 6 points in eight minutes on the floor.
- The next four games are on the road with a back to back in New York Saturday night.