If you were like me and you watched the Pistons/Wizards game from the tip it was pretty clear that this was a battle for lottery balls. I’m not going to say these teams are bad, but what I am going to say is if you got past three quarters of this game you should get a medal.
That medal (if you’re a Pistons fan) came with .2 seconds left on the clock when Rodney Stuckey’s step back jumper cut the net to break the 77-77 tie and give the Pistons the win.
- THIS via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/wizards/2012/03/26/0021100728_det_was_stuckey_play6.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Rodney Stuckey, in his first game back since injuring his toe, led the Pistons with 24 points on 9-for-20 shooting with two boards and a blocked shot. He didn’t look hobbled, but you could tell he was having a few issues because he was settling for jumpshots, not his usual drives to the lane.
- Tayshaun scored 18 but please stop giving him the ball when the game is on the line. He hasn’t been clutch all season. He missed a 5 foot jumper in the lane with 23 seconds left on the clock and the Pistons down by one 74-75. Thankfully Greg Monroe tipped it in.
- Props to BIG BEN, who John Wall intentionally fouled with 11 seconds on the clock, for at least making one of his free throws and putting the Pistons up two.
- Nene’s make to almost send this one into overtime was a blow, until Stuckey saved the day.
- Hard work form Jonas Jerebko, who scored nine points and grabbed 12 boards.
- Ben Wallace really had his fountain of youth drink late in this one. Thanks Ben and Jonas for helping the Piston get back and win this one.
- When I tell you that this one was awful to watch I really do mean it. Neither team could really score. In fact I’m pretty sure I could score more in an Applebees with flannel bunny pajamas on.
- The Pistons had three more turnovers than made baskets in the first half and only trailed by five at the half.
- Brandon Knight missed 10 of 13 field goals, but made the play of the night when he leaped over his bench late in the fourth quarter and landed by the bucket that holds Gatorade. For old school Pistons fans…it was totally a Rodman play. Brandon finished with 8 points and 7 assists on the night.
Lawrence Frank “Brandon’s hustle play was a momentum changing play. Guy took a shower during the game, and that doesn’t happen a lot. I thought that really pumped our guys up.”
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/wizards/2012/03/26/0021100728_det_was_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
Greg Monroe 10 points and 10 boards.
Ben Gordon and 0-4 in six minutes. It’s sad that you can count on just one thing when it comes to the 12 million dollar man. INCONSISTENCY