The Pistons snapped a two game losing streak beating the Celtics on the road 98-88. This is only the second time the Pistons beat the Celtics in their last eight meetings. Detroit competed with the Celtics the entire game, but it wasn’t until the Pistons started to come back late in the third quarter that by outscoring the Celtics 8 to 2 in the final minutes of the third and finally taking a one point lead headed into the fourth quarter.
- No Garnett for the Celtics.
- The Celtics have won 11 of their last 14 against the Pistons
- The Pistons have now won 5 of their last 7 games.
- The Chicago Bulls Ben Gordon showed up at the Garden. Ben terrorized the Celtics all night hitting big shot after big shot. None bigger than the 3 he hit to put the Pistons up 10 with a minutes left in the game. Ben finished with 22 off the bench for the Pistons, going 4 -for-6 from downtown. Congrats Ben….does this mean you’re back?
Ben Gordon: “We just played with some heart tonight,”
- This was a one point with eleven minutesPistons go on a 12 to 2 run in the fourth quarter to put this one away. Three Ben Gordon triples in that run, that really tells the story.
- 13 turnovers for Detroit.
- The Pistons trailed by just 2 at the half.
- Rajon Rondo with a season high 35 points.
Lawrence Frank: “We’re looking for little steps. We’re showing fight.”
- Ben Wallace a season high 11 boards. After the Spurs game and the Celtics outing it looks like Ben is drinking that fountain of youth juice again. Good to see both Bens making it happen.
- Jonas Jerebko sat out the second half and had ice on his leg. No official word, it just looks like he’s a little beat up. Jonas played 8 minutes and had just one board.
- Austin Daye did not play.
- Greg Monroe with 22 points and 9 boards. Monroe started slow, but became aggressive in the second half. Monroe gave Detroit its first lead of the second half on a tip-in with 23 seconds left in the third quarter that made it 73-72 heading to the fourth.
- Rodney Stuckey led the Pistons with 25 points with 4 assists, and 3 boards in 36 minutes on the floor. Rodney really kept the Pistons in the game, especially in the first half. Nice to see him with a handful of solid performances.
- Chris Wilcox former Pistons had a heck of a game for the Celtics with 17 points.
- Will Bynum appearance.
- Brandon Knight got into foul trouble early and really didn’t get into the flow of the game with Ben and Stuckey doing well. Knight seems to be having issues with his mask. He starts the game with it, but it’s usually off by half.
- Damion Wilkins had a couple of great defensive plays helping the Pistons down the stretch.
- Tayshaun 3-for-12 from the floor with 10 points.
- Detroit out rebounded the Celtics 44-33.
- The Celtics biggest lead with 7, the Pistons 13.
- Fun game to watch, and nice to see this team get a road win, especially when it comes against the Celtics.
Highlights via NBA.com
- It’s very noticeable that this team is getting better and better on the defensive end.
- Keep in mind that these two teams play again Sunday at the Palace.