The #Pistons beat the Nets for the second time in 3 days in a 109-92 rout at the Palace. The Pistons hit the century mark for the first time in regulation all season long. This current Pistons 4 game winning streak it the first for Detroit since December of 2009.
- I know we talk about Jason Maxiell as a baby eater, but that guy seem to eat Kardashians too. Jason scored 8 with 5 boards, a steal and 4 blocked shots. It seemed like all of them were on Kris Humphries. Like I said a million times before, Jason loves a good put-back.
- Via NBA.com
- Brandon Knight got into foul trouble early and didn’t get to play a ton of minutes. He still scored 13 points with 7 boards and 5 assists in just 16 minutes on the floor. I don’t know how bad it was but at one point he hit the floor and one of the Nets fell right on top of him and his (masked) face bounced off the ground. It was one of those “I know that hurt” moment, but he got right out there and kept playing.
- No All-Star nod for Moose, no big deal. He’s still putting up double-doubles every night. Greg with 18 points, 11 boards, 2 steals and a blocked shot in 29 minutes on the floor.
- Tayhaun with 8 points and a plus 26 in the box.
Tayshaun Prince “I see improvement as far as when teams make a run on us we’ve been able to respond. We’ve played some solid defense and pushed it. We haven’t run plays a lot, we’ve tried to attack early and that’s opened up a lot of things for us the past few games.”
- Austin Daye still struggling going 1-for-7 in 19 minutes on the floor.
- A big 25 assists from Detroit, who for one of the few times all season long looked like they were having fun on the court.
- Vernon Macklin and Will Bynum saw garbage time…yes the Pistons blew out a team. It wasn’t they just lost garbage time it was “Darko Human Victory Cigar” garbage time and it felt great.
- Rodney Stuckey had a great game, really stepping up with Brandon on the bench in foul trouble. Rodney was 7-for-10 for 19 points with 5 assists and 3 boards in 26 minutes on the floor. He had a couple of highlights, but none better than the breaking of the ankles.
- Via NBA.com
- A season high 56 points in the paint.
- Brandon Knight isn’t afraid to take the big shot.
- This game started with the Nets scoring the first 7 points and it looked like it was going to be one of “those” games, but the Pistons went on a 24-4 run and never looked back.
- The Need4Sweed was a bundle of hustle all night long. JJ was all over the court doing all the dirty work and it was paying off. Jonas led the Pistons off the bench with 20 points, 2 assists, and four boards in 25 minutes. Jonas seems to be getting a ton of dunks lately, but his “OMG” he just did that moment had to have been his 360 touch pass to Ben Wallace. I didn’t get to see the replay, but it looked really awesome in person.
Jonas Jerebko :I just try to go in and play my game. The only change is who you’re playing with. I just try to go out there and bring energy and play as a team.”
- Highlights of the game via NBA.com
- Ben Gordon with 14 points off the bench in 22 minutes. Maybe this is all he’ll ever be, above average bench player. He’s getting paid a lot to play that part but it’s better than his production in the past for Detroit.
- Star Wars night was fun, but it was even more fun to be at a game that was packed with Piston HL’s and I didn’t have to sit at the edge of my seat hoping they would hold on to the game.
- Wizards on Sunday could make it, wait for it…a five game winning streak.