The Pistons lost their 7th game in a row to New Jersey 99-96. Detroit kept the game close, but looked just like the Pistons of late by digging themselves in a big hole after the half. This time on the play of Brandon Knight, Tayshaun Prince and some clutch makes from Walker D Russell, the Pistons tied it up at 88 with five minutes left in the ball game.
Detroit with the ball after a Jerebko got the game within two points with 41.9 seconds left, had a chance to to tie or take the lead, but Tayshaun missed 3 seconds left leaving him to foul Williams to make the score 99-96 with 1.8 left on the clock. Brandon Knight with one last chance to tie it just missed a three pointer at the buzzer with some contact from Deron Williams, making this the…that almost just happened recap.
- Jason Maxiell started in place of Ben Wallace. Jason seems to play better off the bench he finished with 4 points and 4 boards in 22 minutes.
- If that was just about any other team or a superstar, that last play would have sent Brandon Knight to the line for three foul shots. A lot of body contact from Williams.
- This team showed heart.
- Rodney Stuckey turned his ankle before the half and didn’t play much after that. I he wanted to go but didn’t play much after he did it. It could have been them wanting to rest his ankle or it could have been the fact the The Walkman was running things the right way. Stuckey finished with 7 points and 3 assists in 25 minutes.
- Walker D Russell with a career high 12 points. This guy is staying, he knows how to run this team and is unselfish. Russell was on the court when the game was on the line and played very will. I for one am hoping he stays.
- Mrs. Kardashian 18 points and 18 boards.
- 48 points in the paint for Detroit. 34 for the Nets.
- Pistons are getting torched from downtown.
- Moose Monroe with 21 points, 8 boards and a blocked shot in 36 minutes. Close your eyes and image him with a solid big man down low to give him help.
- Brandon Knight was schooling Deron Williams at times. Brandon is logging the most minutes of any rookie in the league. He logged 43 in New Jersey after playing the previous two nights. Brandon with 15 points, 4 assists and 5 boards on the night. Have I mentioned I love his floater?
- Did you get your Brandon Knight Schedule Wallpaper yet?
- Are the Nets hording Williams’? They have Deron Williams, Shawne Williams, Sheldon Williams and Jordan Williams.
- Nets dressed just 8 for the game.
- Deron led all players with 26.
- As every game goes by the more balls they have…lottery balls that is.
- Tayshaun Prince was burning hot with 21 on a really hot 4th quarter that got the team right back in it. The last play to take the game or tie it…was kind of a mess though. Tay added 6 boards and 4 assists in 39 minutes.
- A Daye 11 minutes and 0 points.
- Out rebounded 44 to 31.
- The Nets biggest lead was 12, the Pistons was just 2.
- Yes they are bad, and yes they keep losing, but Greg, Brandon and JJ are learning on the job. Baby steps to bigger things.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/nets/2012/02/01/0021100318_det_njn_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- A much needed day off for Detroit and then Vanilla Ice and the Bucks at the Palace.