With the strong play of Greg Monroe and the effective return of Ben Gordon and Brandon Knight, the Pistons made it three in a row Wednesday night with a 99-92 win in New Jersey. This was just the Pistons second road win of the season and first in the last 8 away from the Palace.
- The eighth double-double in the last nine game for Greg Monroe who dunked so hard on Kris Humphrises that they already started printing the poster in the lobby. And don’t think Moose didn’t give a little attitude to top it off. He brought the whole Pistons bench off their feet.
- Via NBA.com
- Greg led the Pistons with 20 points, 12 boards, 4 assists and 2 steals. Both Monroe and Night will be representing the Pistons in the Rookie/Sophomore All Star Challenge.
- Fantastic outing for Jonas Jerebko, who put up 16 points on 5-for-12 shooting, with 7 boards, 2 steals and 2 blocked shots in one of the best outings of the season for Jonas. All hustle again from the Swede.
- The bench unit of Gordon, Jerebko, Wallace, Walker D. Russell Jr. and Austin Daye were on the court together for about a seven minute stint in the second quarter as the Pistons went on a 9-0 run and took control of the game, outscoring the Nets 31-19 to take a 12-point halftime lead.
- Walker Russell contributing again in short minutes on the floor. Russell knows exactly what to do when he’s on the floor and he helps this team play as a team.
- Nets got back in it when the Pistons gave up too many open three point shots, eventually cutting the lead to one point in the fourth.
- Board war won 41-36.
- The Pistons largest lead was 18 points, the Nets 5.
- Great game, and loved that the Pistons put it away late in the game. The thunder dunk form Moose really put the game away.
- The Nets again on Friday night at the Palace for Star Wars night.
- Ben Gordon with 14 points in 21 minutes on the floor with some timely makes when the Pistons needed them. He looked good in his return, but I have to say the guy is not a ball handler. Feed him the ball and let him shoot, that’s where he shines.
- Another hot night for the Nets Deron Williams who led all scorers with 34 points. Deron went 6-for-9 from downtown and almost brought the Pistons team down late in the game.
- To make matters worse for Mr. Kardashian, he got dunked on HARD by Jason Maxiell in the first quarter on a huge put-back from Jason. Max finished with 4 points on the night in 13 minutes.
- 50 points in the paint for Detroit to the Nets 24.
- Austin Day played 7 minutes and scored zero points. To be quite honest, I didn’t even realize he played.
- The three’s for the Nets almost turned this win into a loss.
- Prince with 15 points, 5 assists in 34 minutes.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- Rodney Stuckey played 34 minutes with 13 points, 6 assists and 2 boards.
- Brandon Knight has adjusted to the mask. Knight took it right to the hole as soon as he could, knowing he was going to get contact. The same spark he had before the injury was on the court in New Jersey. Knight finished with 13 points, 4 assists, 4 turnovers and a blocked shot in 36 minutes on the floor. To top Brandon’s return, he made a HUGE three late in the fourth quarter to cement the victory.
- Fist time the Pistons have won three games in a row since last April.
- Next up, the Nets again on Friday night for Star Wars Night at The Palace.