The #Pistons closed out their season series with a 96-81 over the #Celtics Sunday night at a sellout crowd at the Palace of Auburn Hills. The Pistons, who have now won seven of their last nine games could go into the All Star break on a winning note.
- This game looked as though it may have been close, but soon after Detroit broke a 26-all tie after one quarter to seize control firmly before halftime they never really let go.
- Greg Monroe led the Pistons with 17, and 10 boards. Good to see Moose shake his offensive woes. Greg was aggressive all night long.
- No Kevin Garnett for the Celtics.
- Defense! Detroit forced turnovers all night and capitalized on them.
Rodney Stuckey on defense: “It’s pretty much how we won the ball game. Defensively getting after them; our big guys did a phenomenal job of rebounding the basketball, we got out on the break, pushing the ball, and getting to the free throw-line really helped us. We didn’t shoot the ball well tonight, but just getting to the free-throw line and our defense really helped us tonight.”
- I can’t remember the last time the Pistons dis so well with second-chance points. The Pistons with a 29-6 advantage over Boston.
- The Pistons shot more than 30
- The Pistons frustrated Rajon Rondo so much that he got tossed in the third quarter after two quick technical fouls. FYI, after a few choice words you can’t throw the ball at the ref, just ask Sheed.
- Rondo ejected via NBA.com
- Five Pistons in double figures.
- 40 points in the paint to 18 for Boston.
- Jason Maxiell with six points and 10 boards, with one blocked shots and three assists in 21 minutes. Jason is flourishing in the starting lineup. He’s not filling the stats but he’s doing the important things to make teams win just like Jonas.
- Jason isn’t the only one who has been playing better. Since Jonas and Jason have switched places in the starting lineup they each have stepped up their game. Jonas finished with 13 points, 6 boards, 2 steals and a blocked shot in 21 minutes. That’s a Need4Swede.
- How good does it feel to win the season series again the Celtics?
- Daye in the doghouse.
- Vernon Macklin gets 2 points in his 43 seconds on the court!
- Brandon Knight with 12 points, 2 assists and 4 boards.
- Nice game from Tayshaun who put up 13 with 6 boards and an assist.
- Ben Wallace…Get that out of here
- Ben Gordon puts up 4 points, but am I imagining things or is this guy actually playing defense?
- Pistons to the line 46 times on the night and made 29.
- I wish I had Charlie Villanueva’s job. I could really use a paid extend vacation.
- Stuckey with 16 points on 2-for-10 shooting, going 12-15 from the line.
- The Pistons won the board war 43 to 40.
- The Pistons led by 13 at halftime and 14 after three-quarters, had they made their free throws this would have been a blowout.
- It’s fun to win and I’m glad this team is doing so. They are actually fun to watch right now. I hate to say it, but I’m hoping they don’t play well enough to ruin their chances of a high draft pick just to sputter out. I am not about tanking at all but it’s a double-edged sword. You need a good draft, especially when you have money tied up in players like Gordon and Villanueva.
- Highlights via NBA.com
Greg Monroe: “I think our intensity and focus over the full 48 minutes has changed. Everybody has come into their roles, everybody is holding themselves accountable and we’re all playing together.”
- Winnable game against the Cavs on Tuesday.