The #Pistons snapped their seven game losing streak Friday night with a 88-80 win over the Milwaukee Bucks. Rookie Brandon Knight erased any thought of his previous game against the Bucks by leading the team with a career high 26 points.
- Knight won the battle of the Brandons and look confident all night doing it. A Pistons PG that does things like this is all right with me.
- Via NBA.com
- Another double-double from Greg Monroe with 18 points, 11 board, 2 assists, 1 block and 2 steals. If this guy doesn’t make the All Star reserve squad there is something wrong with America. That’s six double-doubles in the last seven games for Moose.
- I wish you all could have seen the Vanilla Ice half time performance, the intro video alone was one of the biggest laughs I’ve had all season and considering I’ve cried a lot watching some of these game it was like a breath of fresh air.
- Austin Daye struggling in his ten minutes on the floor going 0-3 for 4 points.
- There was finally some defense in the Palace
- Jason Maxiell seems to like starting in place of Ben Wallace. Max scored 8 with a season high 12 boards and 2 blocked shots, one of which was just nasty.
- Sorry Mr. Jennings.
- Via NBA.com
- Though the Pistons were in charge almost the entire game, they almost gave this one up. The Bucks trailed by 15 late in the third quarter, then went on an 11-0 run to climb back into the game. But the Pistons’ Monroe and Jason Maxiell came to the rescue by sparking an 8-1 spurt for an 80-69 lead.
- Hustle from Jonas Jerebko per usual.
- Count them, 46 points in the paint for Detroit.
- Stuckey with 10 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals and just one turnover in 30 minutes.
- Brandon Knight’s stat line was fantastic. In 39 minutes Knight has 26 points, 7 assists, 3 boards and ZERO turnovers. By halftime, he’d scored 18 points, shot 7 of 11 and drained three 3-pointers.
Brandon Knight “It wasn’t about an individual thing. For me, at the end of the day, it’s all about wins and losses. I thought today we came out with a win, that was really the main thing. I know I was playing against a really good point guard and he’s playing really well, but it’s not about that. It was just about doing my part and my teammates doing their part to get a win.”
- Nice crowd at the Palace and everyone except Scott Skiles and his team left with a smile on their face.
- Keep Walker D!
- I got a chance to say hello to one of my favorite people at the Palace, Matt Dery. Matt know just about everything there is to know about Pistons basketball so follow him on twitter at @deryNBA.
- Game Highlights via NBA.com
- Another game tonight at the Palace against the Hornets.