The Raptors snapped a four game skid beating the Pistons 103-93 inToronto. The Raptors built a 23 point lead early in the fourth quarter before a cheap shot flagrant foul from Toronto’s Jerryd Bayless set off Greg Monroe and got the Pistons within nine with under five mints to go.
Despite the fourth quarter surge the Pistons go into the All Star break losers of two straight.
- Greg Monroe with a heck of a game. Greg led the Pistons with 30 points, 14 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocked shots and a steal. Not only did he get the Pistons back in the game, but he never stopped fighting, even when the game was close to being out of reach with seconds left.
Greg Monroe on the flagrant: “I think it was overboard – I don’t think it was borderline at all,” he said of Bayless. “I think it was pretty obvious. They made the right call. … I was already fired up. We just didn’t play well. I don’t know what was going on. I know we can play better than that. They just came out and wanted to win more than us.”
- Stuckey played just 18 mints going 0-for-2, did he take his “vacation” before this game started?
- It’s very rare to come back from a 22 point deficit.
- Toronto shot 53 percent and beat the Pistons on the glass, 47-37.
- Walker Russell in the game when it counted. Lawrence Frank kept the guys in that got them back there.
- How do you know that you have done something really bad or nothing at all? When Wilkins is in the game instead of you when he has the stomach flu.
- Props to Damion for going out there and giving it his all after vomiting all day and right up to tip-off.
- Austin Daye a DNP.
- I still have love for Amir Johnson.
- Six Raptors in double figures.
- T Prince 6-for-16 for 14 points, a steal, 2 assists and 7 boards.
- 18th double-double of the season for Moose.
- Brandon Knight with 16 points, 3 assists and 2 boards in 36 minutes. Did I mention zero turnovers?
- Ben Gordon, I still don’t know what or who he is. 3-for-6 for 6 points and a -17 in the box.
- Jonas Jerebko fouled out with 5 minutes left in the game after playing just 18 minutes. Jonas finished with 8 points and 3 boards.
- Jason Maxiell started the game hot, but cooled off a bit. Jason finished with 12 points, 2 blocked shots, 2 assists and 5 boards.
- Will Bynum stayed in Detroit for personal reasons.
- Two very winnable games that resulted in losses. Let’s see what the second half of the season brings.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/raptors/2012/02/22/0021100486_det_tor_1h.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Don’t forget to watch Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight on Friday night in the NBA Rising Stars Challenge.