The Pistons took down the Magic 78-89 Monday night on the Palace for their second straight win. This has to be the best showing form the team this season. And if you watched this one, you saw a Pistons team that didn’t look anything like the first games of the season.
- Monore with 2 quick fouls, Maxiell with another 2 in goes Ben Wallace. The Pistons couldn’t handle Dwight without committing fouls.
- It’s getting very difficult to watch Rodney Stuckey drive the lane and not finish. He needs to start passing that ball if he can’t convert.
- The Pistons did a good job taking away the three from Orlando.
- Looks like Austin Daye can’t seem to get his stuff together. Back to the dog house for him.
- The Magic’s Ryan Anderson is now a Top Ten scorer in the NBA…who would have thunk it.
- Bless him, but Stan Van Gundy looks like he should be making my Pizza and Antipasto
- Jerebko is pure hustle. His foul
blockon Anderson looked pretty good to me.
- Charlie Villanueva with his first minutes of the season, entered the game late in the second half when just about everyone over 6’3 was in foul trouble.
- Ben Gordon was the Ben Gordon that once played for the Chicago Bulls. Great to see him knocking down his shot all night long. I just hope he can keep it up. Ben led the Pistons with a season high 26 points with 6 very nice assists and 3 boards in 38 minutes on the floor.
- Great game by Maxiell on Dwight, his Block on Dwight was nasty. Best showing for Jason Maxiell in more days than I can count.
- Brandon Knight got knocked down by a killer screen from Glen Davis. He folded like an accordion right to the floor. BK is going to be feeling that one for days.
- Ben Wallace still has some D left in him, for spurts at a time. He really did wonders on the D when Monroe and Maxiell
- Proud of what Detroit did to Dwight Howard. They contained the beast with only 7 boards when he averages 17. He fouled out in the fourth after putting up 19 points.
- Another killer game from Jonas Jerebko, who continues his hard play. Jonas was everywhere finishing with 8 points and 11 boards in 36 minutes on the floor. His help on Dwight was invaluable.
- The Magic with guy on their squad that I didn’t even know were still in the NBA. Quentin Richardson, Larry Hughes and Chris Duhan…no wonder Dwight is a little upset.
- Knight is still getting his feet wet in the league, but he is showing flashes of “WOW.” He finished with 8 points and 3 assists in 20 minutes.
- Is CV in the doghouse with Day, or is he just that bad?
- He didn’t get a double-double, but what Greg Monroe did against Dwight and the Magic was awesome. Monroe with 10 points and 9 boards in 22 minutes.
- Prince knocking down shots right when the Pistons needed them. Tay with 14 points, 5 boards and 2 assists in 36 minutes.
- The Pistons won the board war 28-20.
- By the way, Kings say they wont trade Cousins.
- Detroit shot 50% on the night.
Highlights via Pistons.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/teams/pistons/2012/01/02/Jan2ndrecapORLmp4-1952539.flv /]
- The Pistons pulled away for good as soon as Dwight Howard fouled out. No better way to top off this win with a breakaway dunk from Greg Monroe.
- Bring on Rip and the Bulls Wednesday night.
- That was fun.