The Sixers served up a 96-73 loss to the Pistons in their home opener Friday night in Philadelphia in what was Rookie Brandon Knight’s firs NBA start. Despite being without Rodney Stuckey and Ben Gordon, Detroit held on throughout the game keeping the Sixers right there with him. It wasn’t until Sixers guard Jodie Meeks (21) put on a clinic late in the game helping Phili pull away.
- Brandon Knight looked good in his first start, though that doesn’t mean he needs work. In time you’ll see Knight in an All Star jersey. Brandon put up 10 points, with 9 boards, with 4 assists. He needs to take care of the ball better and he’ll be that much better. He had 4 turnovers in 37 minutes on the floor.
- Austin Day did not take advantage of his opportunity at all. Starting for Ben Gordon, who was out for personal reason, Daye didn’t do much at all to get himself back in the rotation. In fact he may have done the opposite. You can’t settle for outside shots when you’re trying to get your job back and then not hit them. Austin was 2-for-11 for 4 points. The dude is almost 7 feet tall, he was playing the guard spot and he didn’t take advantage of his match up. I have a feeling we won’t be seeing much more of Daye for a while.
- Brandon Knight and Austin Daye both rolled their right ankles right before the half. Both looked potentially bad, but each returned to the game. Brandon to start the second half, though he looked like he was favoring it. And Austin Daye in cleanup minutes when the game was out of had late in the fourth.
Brandon Knight: “Well as a team, we were close in the fourth. It was a six-point game. We just need to eliminate the mistakes so that we can continue to chip away at that lead.”
- I think Daye will be in Framks’s dog house for a while…is he in yours?
- I just have to say, the Sixers have some awesome young talent.
- Speaking of awesome talent. The Pistons Greg Monroe is the real deal! Greg led the Pistons with 22 points, 2 blocked shots, 7 boards and 3 assists. If you’re not running out to get a Monroe jersey, you should. The Pistons actually have a big man that has the game to lead this team in scoring every night!
- Detroit shot just 36% on the night.
- Looks like we are going to be seeing a lot more of Damien Wilkins. He played 23 minutes Friday night.
- Will Bynum scored 10 points with 2 assists in 27 minutes, but wasn’t really his usual self.
- Another game, another night the Pistons are playing Charlie V for being a cheerleader.
- Yes…this team beat Orlando.
- Jason Maxiell had another pretty good night to help out Detroit. Jason scored 10, with 2 steals and 5 boards in 18 minutes.
- Remember when all you heard when you played the Sixers was them calling Iguodala?
- Hustle man Jonas Jerebko with 9 boards, 2 steals and 7 points in 32 minutes.
- I can’t remember how many times I said…the Pistons just can’t make anything.
- The final score doesn’t tell the story, the Pistons were in this one until late in the fourth. Every time the Pistons started to inch back, the Sixers answered.
- This one was tied 6 times with 3 lead changes.
Highlights via Pistons.com
- They have to get up for the game at the Palace against the Knicks despite playing last night.
- As for Knight and Daye, I’m sure we’ll see just how much they play after each of them were icing their ankles after the game. Thank you Arnie. Though I have a feeling Austin may get some extra rest.