So much for 70′s night at the Palace as Memphis got the best of Detroit with a 98-81 win. On a night where Brandon Knight looked like the future of the team, no player did much else especially when the team turns the ball over a whopping 25 times.
- They are Turrrrable.
- Lawrence Frank with some very inspiring words to the ref had just about enough and picked up his first technical foul of the season.
- Great third quarter from Detroit when it looked like they were going to claw back and make it a game when they got the deficit to just 7.
- At one point the Grizz where shooting about 67% from the floor. They finished at 57% by making some easy shots over all the Detroit turnovers.
- Brandon Knight led the Pistons with 22 points on 6-for-18 shooting with 4 assists and 4 turnovers. Extended learning minutes for Brandon with both Stuckey and Bynum in street clothes.
- What is Jason Maxiell? Flashes of great with a lot of mediocre thrown in. Got to give Max one thing though, the dude tries, and we usually get a nice highlight to talk about at least every three games.
- Via NBA.com
- Walker Russell the 29 year old call up from the Mad Ants in his first ever NBA game did a nice job filling in for the Pistons despite the 3 turnovers. When he was at the line and made his first NBA point I whistled as loud as I could, and if you know me that’s piercing loud, and everyone looked at me like I was crazy. Got to give it up to him for sticking to his dream and finally getting there no matter how long it lasts.
Walker Russell Jr. woke up at 4:30 Friday morning in Sioux Falls, S.D., caught a flight to Chicago and another one to Detroit, spent the afternoon getting a crash course in the offense from Pistons coaches and then pulled on the uniform his father once wore for the team he grew up cheering. Via Pistons.com
- To be quite honest, I barley payed attention to what was happening on court after about the third quarter, it was just that bad.
- Prince with 14 on 5-for-13 shooting.
- Why is Ben Wallace starting? To help Jonas not get deep in the hole with foul trouble.
- Jonas with 9 points, 7 boards a steal and an assist.
- Austin Daye with extend minutes (for him) and maybe the start to getting his mojo back. Daye finished with 9 points on 4-for-7 shooting with 2 assists, 3 boards, and 2 blocked shots.
- The turnover situation is like watching a bad injury on court. Very cringe worthy.
Lawrence Frank on Turnovers: “(Definite problem) especially early on you see 11 turnovers for 18 points, only a third of their points were off turnovers. They had 32 points off of our 25 turnovers, those are back breaking because that’s the first pass of their fast break, those are really crippling.”
- A very quite double-double for Greg Monroe with 10 points, 13 boards and an assist.
- Detroit scored 30 points at the half and if sure looked like they wouldn’t even hit the 70 mark on 70′s night.
Brandon Knight: “It’s still a very big learning process as to when to attack and when not to, how to position yourself when you’re driving,” he said. “As a rookie, it’s tough to get calls at certain times of the games. You’ve got to get completely killed to get a call sometimes. I’m just trying to be aggressive and stay positive no matter what the situation is – continue to attack, continue to try to life your teammates, continue to provide intensity, provide positive spirit for everybody.”