The Pistons, now 3-11, got tossed by Houston 97-80. Detroit went another night with turnover issues letting the Rockets scored19 points off of 20 turnovers.
- The Pistons didn’t go to the line the entire first half. Something that hasn’t happened since December 2003. Detroit finally reached the line mid third quarter. Detroit was 8-for-9 on the night.
- Don’t worry about Greg Monroe not scoring a single point in the first half, he had a bad night. Greg was 2-for-9 on the night for 4 points with 11 boards, 6 assists, a steal and a blocked shot. He looked a little frustrated, but I’m sure the big guy will bounce back.
- Who is this Chandler Parsons guy and why can’t we get rid of some of our dead weight for him. He and Dragic were everywhere for Houston Tuesday night.
Get the Flash Player to see this content.
- The Swede was bumped in the starting lineup for Ben Wallace. Starting or not, he still played the same amount of minutes he usually does. Hopefully he starts picking up the pace again for Detroit. Jonas with 7 points, 6 boards, 1 assist, a steal and a blocked shot.
- Tayshaun Prince led the team with 20 points with 2 exciting buzzer beaters at the end of the first and the half. Good to see TP with his game back, he looked like the 2006 Prince for the night.
- Six Rockets in double figures.
- The Pistons defense looked better in spurts, they did a nice job corralling Kevin Martin and holding him to just 11 points.
- Outworked on the boards 35-42.
- Monroe needs help…Houston with 46 points in the paint.
- Boy Austin Daye can’t even get garbage minutes, another DNP.
- Pistons would not go away and were down 72-66 with about nine minutes left to play in the fourth quarter. But the Rockets put the game away with a 15-4 run over the next five minutes. Shocker right!
- Stuckey looks like he’s finally feeling better. Rodney with 16 points,3 assists,3 boards off the bench for Detroit. When asked if he was upset he wasn’t starting he basically said that the only difference it that his name isn’t called at the start of the game. Nice way to put it, but you can bet he’s going to fight for that spot back.
- Ben Gordon 7-for-15 shooting for 18 points in 40 minutes. I don’t want to jinx it but his shot is looking better and better every game.
- Brandon Knight with 6 turnovers, 4 assists and 15 points. He really is a work in progress that can have a fantastic night followed by a bad one. Don’t get frustrated, he’s going to be great.
- Monroe, Ben Wallace, Jason Maxiell and Jonas Jerebko – combined to score only 11 points.
- Lawrence Frank “It was a combination of our turnovers and the extra possessions Houston got on their rebounds. We cut it down to eight to ten points, but then those two turnovers hurt us. We pieced together about thirty-eight good minutes; we have to defend, rebound, and keep down our turnovers. We did parts of those things at times. Protecting the ball is essential. Our effort, energy, and focus is where we want to be. We will get better as a team.”
- Next up Rubio and Darko!