Detroit was up three points on the final possession of the game Friday night at the Palace., and what followed was a another heart-breaker in Detroit. A Joe Johnson (crazy) three with a little over one second left on the clock sent the game to overtime and that as they say was history. The final score 107-101.
- You could almost see the ending coming after Detroit had controlled almost the entire game.
- How do you let Joe Johnson make that three? I thought for sure that L Frank would have them foul to take two. Was I the only one thinking that?
- Brandon Knight: “As a team, we were a little bit demoralized when he hit that shot, but that’s something we can’t do in the future. We’ve got to keep plugging, keep playing. We controlled most of the game. So we’ve got to keep playing, no matter if it’s overtime or it’s not.”
- Johnson who scored just 2 first half points finished with 30.
- You can see this team has the ability to win, they just need to learn how to do it. And that’s not easy.
- Frustrating to see Detroit pretty much fold as soon as overtime started. The Hawks raced out to a lead and left their foot on the gas until the buzzer. Atlanta’s biggest lead (11) came in overtime.
- Jason Maxiell with the best game of the season for him really was a surprise. Not that we don’t know he could do it, but when it happens it always seem to be just at the right time. Jason with 19 points on 8-for-14 shooting with 8 boards, and a blocked shot.
- Just (I know that’s still a lot) 10 turnovers for Detroit and ZERO form Brandon Knight.
- Speaking of night, he had a great game putting up 20 points with 8 assists and some contested and much needed three’s in overtime.
HawksPistons bench outscored the Hawks bench 43 to 18.
- Most Pistons fans didn’t seem to care or notice T-Mac was in the game for the other team, though Matt Dery did hear some booing.
- Stuckey with 14 points on just 4-for-13 shooting did his best to get to the line for Detroit. Rodney added 5 assists a steal and 2 turnovers.
- I hate to say it but 80′s night sure brought me back. I sure wish that the Pistons would have pulled this one out to make things that much better.
- You have to think that Austin Daye has gotten his confidence back, he calmly took a couple of late shots late in the game. Last week he would have either been on the bench or passed up the shot. Daye with 12 points on 4-for-11 shooting, with 3 boards, and assist and a blocked shot.
- Moose with yet another solid night. Add this one to his double-double tally. Greg with 22 points, 11 boards and 2 steals on the night. I wonder if Greg’s jersey is the highest selling at The Palace? If it isn’t, it should be.
- Highlights Via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2012/01/27/0021100274_atl_det_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- It’s not going to get much better, have you looked at the schedule and seen how many game they are playing. More tonight in Philadelphia.