The Detroit Pistons just can’t seem to get that Bull of their backs. Chicago took down Detroit in a 68-92 blowout. Detroit hung with the Chicago, until the Bulls broke it open early in the fourth and never looked back.
- Turnovers! Detroit turned over the ball 10 times alone in the fourth quarter, 21 on the night.
- Detroit shot 3-14 in the fourth quarter scoring just 9 points.
- At one point Detroit showed flashes of a team that could play solid defense. That didn’t last long however.
- Greg Monroe continues to be the bright spot of the season. Greg led the Pistons with 14 points, 10 boards and a career high 6 assists. Moose is the real deal.
- Season low 68 points.
- Detroit actually tied it up at 21 to end the first quarter.
- Stuckey out Austin Daye in. Austin was 1-for-4 with one rebound, 2 points and a turnover in 12 minutes.
- Brian Scalabrine (a guy that I can’t stand) is the Bulls version of Darko.
- Ben Gordon 4 turnovers, 4 assists, and 11 points in 27 minutes. Ben played well, shooting 50% from the floor but took just 8 shots, finishing with 11 points. I would say he can’t seem to put up a good game against the Bulls, but quite honestly I can only remember less than a handful of big games he’s had in a Pistons uniform. I’m holding out hope.
- Will Bynum with 4 turnovers and 4 points in 11 minutes.
- By the late fourth quarter this game was like a bad accident…you didn’t want to look, but you had to.
- Jerebko with 4 points and just one board in 24 minutes.
- Tayshaun a -20 in the box along with Brandon Knight.
- Tay finished with 11 points on 5-for-12 shooting with 2 assists, a blocked shot and 2 boards. Tay really needs to step it up. If his knee is holding him back, that thing needs to get better fast.
- Detroit is the lowest scoring team in the league.
- Here…have a nice Jonas Jerebko Jam
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/bulls/2012/01/09/0021100130_det_chi_play3.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Are they a fourth quarter collapse team now?
- Maxiell is doing all the little things since the start of the season. Jason had one heck of a block on Derrick Rose.
- Brandon Knight, though he’s still making mistakes, has a bright future. He finished with 13 points, on 6-for-10 shooting, with 5 boards and an assist.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/bulls/2012/01/09/0021100130_det_chi_1h.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Detroit shot 39% on the night and were outrebounded 37-41.
- Eight turnovers between the two PG’s Knight and Bynum.
- Pistons haven’t won in Chicago since 2006.
- It doesn’t get any easier, with a game Tuesday at the Palace against the World Champion Dallas Mavericks.