The Pistons handed the Bulls their sixth win on the season with a 99-83 loss at the Palace. Rip Hamilton scored 14 in his return to the Palace.
Pre game Austin Daye”he wanted to be in another jersey for a while and he got what he wanted” Austin Day on Rip Hamilton
- Rip or no Rip the Palace is till having tons of trouble filling seats.
- Lions Matthew Stafford in the house.
- Rodney Stuckey just 15 minutes (groin injury).
- Remember when there was a big debate about who was going to go #1 Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley.
- Damien Wilkins has now taken Austin Daye’s spot in the rotation. He put a spark in the team in the second half, keeping the team in it. He finished with 10 poinst, 3 assists, and three boards in 29 minutes on the floor.
- Daye a DNP.
- News Flash: Charlie Villanueva still can’t play defense.
- Miserable game to watch. The team that played defense against the Magic just didn’t show up.
- The 23rd career double-double for Greg Monroe, who fought hard in the loss, putting up 19 points, 13 boards and assists in 35 minutes. He magically put up 5 assists…that’s 3 more than the Pistons PG Rodney Stuckey. Monster game from Moose, who continues to shine this season.
- As bad as this one way, I’m still shocked that this team shows glimmers of hope in the mucus of mediocrity.
Rip “I get another chance at getting a ring”
- Rip on his time in Detroit before the game via Bulls.com
- Good showing from the 12 fans at the Palace for Rip as they should have. A few boo’s as expected.
- I still really hate (and I know hate is a strong word) the Bulls Noah, Scalabrine and Ashton Korver.
- 5 Bulls in double figures.
- Four Pistons in double figures, on of them Will Bynum who played just 15 off the bench.
- Torched on the boards 32-27.
- Much needed Defense from Ben Wallace when he was out there. The highlight of the game may have come of a Wallace high, high glasser that came out of nowhere.
- Will Bynum sparked the team back in the fourth quarter
- After giving up and easy bucket in the fourth quarter and some sloppy play, Frank called a time out and almost exploded mid court. He looked like this.
- Looks like Ben Gordon will never be able to get the Bulls monkey off his back. Ben with a sub-par game against his former team. Gordon finished with 7 points on 2-for-10 shooting with 4 boards in 28 minutes.
- Pistons shot 40% to the Bulls 52%.
- Jonas Jerebko put a screen on Rip Hamilton almost as bad as the one that Big Baby Davis put on Brandon Knight.
- Another bright spot was Jonas Jerebko who actually slashed his hand in the first quarter leaving bloody to get bandaged. That didn’t stop him though, he finished with 13 points , 4 boards, a steal and a whole lot of hustle.
- 31 assists on the night from the Bulls.
- The Bulls are simply better.
- The Pistons never led this one.
- Highlights via Pistons.com
- As fun as the Magic game was to watch, this one I could have taken a pass on.
- Back to work at Philadelphia Friday and the Palace against the Knicks Saturday.