The Pistons, despite a big game from Greg Monroe, continued their woes with a 96-85 loss to the Celtics in Boston. The Celtics Jermaine O’Neal led Boston with 19 points after putting up just 8 point in the Celtics previous three games.
- The Pistons actually look like a decent team…for about the first 12 minutes.
- All of Ben Gordon’s five assists were pretty, too bad he shot just 10. After Wednesday’s game and his resurgence (if that’s what you can call it) you had to figure he was going to have more touches. Ben finished with 9 points on 4-of-10 shooting.
- Daye got his first point of the season going 5-for-11 for 11 points and 5 boards.
- Surprisingly the Pistons won the board war 35-30, but that’s not saying much considering the Celtics are rebound challenged too.
- When Jermaine O’Neal is a +25 against you, that says a lot.
- Starting PG Rodney Stuckey was 1-for-11 with 7 assists in 27 minutes. If he can’t learn to finish, he needs to stay out of the paint. Frustrating.
- Tayshaun Prince with 10 points in 30 minutes. He took a hit to his knee that’s been giving him trouble. Let’s keep an eye on that.
- Brandon Knight didn’t set the Garden on fire going 3-for-11 for 10 points and no assists in
1629 minutes on the floor.
- Ben Wallace didn’t come into the ball game ’till late in the 4th quarter for clean up minutes along with Will Bynum and Vernon Macklin.
- Greg Monroe started the game off right, punishing the Celtics for his match up against Stiemsma. Moose finished with a game high 22 points and 9 boards. He also added 4 very nice assists. Thank you Mr. Monroe.
- Jonas seemed to be his usual hustle, get to everything guy.
- Love Maxiell, but if he’s what the Pistons are counting on for a presence down low, this is going to be a longer season than we all thought it would be.
Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/celtics/2011/12/30/0021100041_det_bos_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- The way this team can let a game slip away in a matter of minutes is a huge concern. They were actually in this one for a while.
Quote from Austin Day last night after the game: “Im just trying to buy into what L Frank is saying”
- It may not mean much, but all I could think of when he said it was…bad choice of words, especially after last season. #buffoonery