Lets hope it’s Detroit.

Greg Monroe will represent the Pistons tonight during the annual draft lottery, which will be televised by ESPN at 8:30 p.m. Detroit, who is slotted seventh in the draft order, have a 15 percent chance to move into one of the top three spots.

I’m going out on a limb by saying new owner Tom Gores fantasicness is going to bring enough luck to drop Detroit right in the #1 slot.

Now I don’t have faith in the whole “Lottery” thing.  I just want to see the numbers go in and get chosen on camera.

Why the need for closed doors anyway?  If I want to see the Mega Millions Lottery numbers getting picked I can and they are worth just as many millions as a number one pick.

I’m sure we will be talking about this more but until then, I’m going to find Tom Gores and rub his head.

Think he’ll let me?

Tom Gores is Getting Lucky

Tagged with →

13 Responses to Someone is getting lucky tonight

1. daddy says:

the reasons why you will never see the draft is becasue its rigged. why else would they not show you?

2. Marvin Jones says:

My guess is because it would be incredibly BORING

3. Lori says:

I hope you do rub his head, Natalie! It’d be too funny!

4. James (Australia) says:

Something to do over the offseason – lets save PostingUp!

5. vegas balls says:

Why the need for closed doors anyway? If I want to see the Mega Millions Lottery numbers getting picked I can and they are worth just as many millions as a number one pick.
    ANS: Because the lottery won’t tell the nba what they fill those balls with it’s all rigged. So guess no need to say good luck but rather let us just hope Tom made good impression with David Stern.. because what happens in the vegas ball room stays there. wink wink fair my ……………

6. pistonsfan101 says:

WOOOOOOOOOW
    8TH PICK! :(

7. Shawn says:

There goes another season…. :(

8. Rashit Flawless says:

that’s just a bad year and the lottery is bad for us, we have 8th pick, I had some hopes to steal a higher one, but we dropped from 7th place to 8th

Just a bad year and it’s bad in everything

9. MisguidedChild says:

Swear to God they rigged it for the kid.

8 doesn’t change our strategy anyways. It’s a weak draft class anyway.

10. vegas balls says:

Well let’s all just hope Joe can work his magic…. I sure he’s cooking up something. Wow! shawn giving up already….. For starters we need a better coach won’t matter who we get if we have another fly by night coach…. okay Joe you’re on the clock……..tick toc

11. [...] The Pistons will draft in the number 8 spot.  So much for the luck of Gores. [...]

12. Shawn says:

Vegas, I just don’t see Joe being able to do anything that would significantly make them better, other than if they would have gotten williams or irving. No one else in the draft is gonna make that much of a difference, and we’ll hardly have any money in free agency. And unless some team drastically changes there mind on a trade for rip or ben, then we’re not gonna be able to get an amazing trade either.

I hope I’m wrong, I just don’t see any way for Joe to turn this team around any time soon….I still think Joe should be GM though.

13. daddy says:

wow you guys are never optimistic you can never say that no one in the draft is going to be able to turn this team around. You have not seen every player and with the right training you never know what a player is capable of. There are several great players undrafted or late in the second round. big ben, boozer, and monta that helped a team and went in the second or undrafted. the guy that plays for the trail blazers is damn good and he didnt make the draft neither did jj berea