Little did I know that when I headed out for the last Pistons home game of the season that I would be so entertained. Sadly it wasn’t the game that did it though.

Detroit couldn’t muster up their first four game winning streak of the season against the lowly Cavs, but there was some excitement.

New Pistons owner Tom Gores was in the house giving some really memorable quotes to the media. If you were following @Chris_Iott of MLive you would have gotten bombarded by them mid game. My favorite has to be this one.

“I want to make Bill Davidson proud that we bought the team.” Via MLive

Now I was sort of close to where Gores was and I had a blast checking him out enjoying the entire game. Trust me when I tell you that if you get close enough to Gores you can actually Taste The Rainbow.

If the quotes and the smiles weren’t enough, the man totally got down to Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing as it blasted though the Palace sound system. Thankfully the broadcast caught some of the action, but trust me it was much more awesome in person.  Everyone loved it!

Get the Flash Player to see this content.

Video Courtesy of The Detroit Pistons and the NBA

If that wasn’t great enough…Charlie V did the rest. I’m sure by now you know about the little tussle at the Palace, so here it is for you.

Get the Flash Player to see this content.

Video Courtesy of The Detroit Pistons and the NBA

With Gores in the house and the crowd cheering “Charlie! Charlie!” it was a heck of a sendoff for this season.

And if you happen to have been following my tweets during the game you’ll know I created a new hashtag #Gores4Prez.

Tagged with →

20 Responses to Tom Gores Dances and Charlie V Prances

1. Tom Gores is better at signing checks than he is dancing, that’s for sure.

2. Vince says:

Charlie V is such a pansy ass. I’m actually ashamed that he plays for my favorite team. I really wish he would have been let in to the Cavs locker room so he could have gotten dealt with. Really, he would be a decent player if he played half as tough as he tweets

3. Cam AUSSIE says:

Good that monroe helped prevent the malace n the palace take 2

4. JC says:

surprised to see Gores there, that was Great.
    that was the highlight. That and George Blaha saying Booby Gibson all night.
    I’m glad to see Manny Harris in the NBA. even if its with the Cavs.
    he played some really good bball for UofM.

5. Drew says:

I’m a little disappointed nobody threw anything at him during his walk to the tunnel :)

6. Ulisses says:

I hope that this was the last game of Charlie V and others in the Palace…

7. Tom Gores is the MAN!!!!

8. Col says:

See the fear in hollins eyes he’s shitting himself when charlie goes down the tunnel, hollins knows not mess with a man with no eyebrows it only ends in trouble.

9. Doc says:

I don’t know why everyone is bashing Charlie. I for one didn’t mind his little blow up. I mean c’mon the Bad Boys did way more and I loved’em for it. I actually liked that he showed some fight in him.

10. If only Charlie went after rebounds as “hard” as he tried to act with Hollins.

Sorry, may be a decent guy but he is NOT what the Pistons are supposed to be about. Soft as Charmin, not tough at all, shame is I doubt Joe can sucker any team to taking him off our hands and we’re stuck with him.

Gores dancing, however, is freaking AWESOME. May the Gores be with you!

11. NJ says:

The best send off for this team is getting CV off our team………..he gets out worked by practically everyone we faced this year. Then he wants to act tough by giving a scene, whateva is an idiot sorry.

12. Hk2010 says:

Villanueva kinda reminds me of Chris Bosh, in that theyre both “fake tough” and allergic to the paint

13. Drew says:

Villanueva still has produced way more than Gordon has, and we only have Charlie for one more year and he makes less than BG.

14. Joe says:

I love it, this type of passion is what we need. I bet you anything Gore will be keeping Charlie for the future after that! Brings energy to the arena.

15. [...] bad:Muhammad Ali Charlie V won’t be playing because of his little incident. Is that bad [...]

16. blamu2 says: