I didn’t even know Michael Redd was still alive. Wow. Let me be a little selfish here, tell me what kind of a night you think I’m having:
- Gores buys Pistons
- Pistons win 110 – 100 over Bucks
- JoannePistonFan got her Jonas Jerebko jersey from Jonas himself
- No Government shutdown (I work for government)
If you said “great”, “fantastic”, “happy”, etc – I circle all of the above. Should I play the lottery? Anywho…
Chris Wilcox, have a game why don’t ya? 27 points and 13 boards in only 24 minutes! Wilcox flashed reminders to us tonight of why he was a lottery pick coming out Maryland a few years ago. If you were to tell me it was Chris that was going to single handily handle the point spread in this one I would have bet against it. He’s an athletic big, it’s just a shame that he is so inconsistent. Rodney Stuckey followed up his big game against the Nets with another big game tonight.
- One of my favoritest non-Pistons player ever, Michael Redd, played in his 7th straight game back from multiple catastrophic knee injuries that have basically reduced him to role player status, if he’s worthy of any status at all.
- You can tell the Bucks are coached by Scott Skiles. Look at the names on the bench that would/could be starting on most teams in the league: Maggette (5 minutes), Drew Gooden (29 minutes), Ilyasova, and former VCU Ram great, Larry Sanders. I believe Skiles may have coached his way out of Milwaukee this season and the problem with that is, this team was built to his specification.
- Charlie V hit a few nice shots tonight in his limited time on the floor. Looks like he didn’t lose his rhythm in the time he missed with a back
- One of my other favorite players, Earl Boykins, is reduced to single digit minutes for the Bucks – 4 points in 9 minutes
- Greg Monroe with another solid night: 11 points, 8 boards and solid defense
- Carlos Defino had a bad night – 0 for everything from the field and 0 points
- What a match up of young guards – Brandon Jennings got whatever he wanted from the field (13-21 shooting) and Rodney Stuckey got just about everything he wanted as well, only off the bench
- Detroit dominated the glass: 49 rebounds to 32 for Milwaukee
- Only downside to tonight’s win: 14 turnovers
- No conspiracy here: Pistons benefit from 23 fouls called against Bucks
- No Ben Wallace – this, friends, is the beginning of the end. We’ll be hanging his jersey in the rafters one day just like Rodman
- Don’t look now but, the Pistons are 2 games above .500 at home and will finish the year with a winning home record
Up next for the
Detroit Gores Tom Pistons Pistons, they travel to Charlotte to take on former Duke Blue Devil Gerald Henderson and the Charlotte Bobcats.
If you have twitter you should follow JoannePistonFan (link) and congratulate her on winning the Jonas jersey from Jonas himself. Otherwise, have a good weekend and we’ll see you on Sunday for the Bobcats preview.