Dennis Rodman Jersey Retirement Ceremony Video

Dennis Rodman Jersey Retirement

It was an emotional night at the Palace with a bulk of the Bad Boys on hand the Pistons honored Dennis Rodman by retiring his jersey and hanging it in the rafters of the Palace.

If you didn’t have the honor of following Dennis’s career you probably don’t realize what kind of person he really is.  The hair, tattoos and the stunts don’t even scratch the surface of the emotion, heart and will that Dennis had. Rodman left his mark on this franchise and not only will his jersey hang in the rafters of the Palace forever, the’s going to deservedly be inducted into the Basketball Hall of fame this year.

The Palace was electric and trust me when I tell you there wasn’t a dry eye (including my own) in the house when Dennis held up the t-shirt with a picture of Chuck Daly and Mr. Davidson that said Thank You Detroit on the back.

Photo/Getty Images editing Need4Sheed.com

Get the Flash Player to see this content.

Video courtesy of the NBA and the Detroit Pistons

Be patient, this is a long video (about 30 min) and it may take a while to load.

Class act Dennis, no matter what you think you deserve all of this. We thank you!

14 Responses to "Dennis Rodman Jersey Retirement Ceremony Video"
  1. Darlene says:

Thank you for posting the video Natalie. I knew I could depend on you. I cried watching the ceremony last night. So great to watch it again. Congrats to Dennis – thanks for reminding me why I have been a fan, and why I refuse to give up on the Pistons. The heritage and legacy of the Pistons was reviewed so well by this. Excellent night. One time I was really upset to not be at the Palace. I am very thankful to NBA-TV for covering the entire ceremony!

2. Marcell says:

I noticed a lot of boos when they introduced Mrs. Davison and Joe D.

3. altan ♔ says:

LOL they booed Karen and Joe !
    HAHAHHAHAHA

• jake says:

You and the people that think Booing Mrs. Davidson and Joe D. are full of crap.

Mrs. Davidson can do anything she wants to the team, she OWNS IT! And if she doesnt want to go thru what her husband went thru in owning a team is up to her. It’s better to sell it to someone that will take care of the team than stay and not be happy…

And to boo Joe D. is a crock of crap too!!!

All he has done for the pistons, taking it from the rock bottom (from Tom Wilson who i never seen booed for the 90′s being a total failure!) to a championship team, and one of the greatest runs in nba history during the 2000′s!

This is my question for all you morons Joe D haters. Just One

WHO ARE YOU GOING TO REPLACE HIM WITH?

Do you know? Where is He or She?

Somebody that can do the job better than he can. And is still doing. LMFAO. You clowns are a joke, and dont deserve to be pistons fans!

4. jayg108 says:

Thanks for posting this. What a great ceremony.

I hope next year’s team lives up to the challenge he said when pointing at them.

Mr Dumars (if you’re still here after the sale): Please get rid of the softees and bring back the defense to Detroit. Monroe and JJ33 were a good start.

5. Th3 Answ3r says:

I adored the boo’s toward Dumars and Davison

6. Tate says:

yea… i heard the boos also toward Dumars… I love the guy, but he kinda deserves it.. but on another banner hanging thought.. how long do you think its gonna take for Rasheed to have a jersey retirement night?! and if he ends up being up there with the other greats, is it gonna be #30 or #36? I dont care what you haters have to say about sheed, I want him back!!!!!!

7. Tate says:

btw.. Karen deserved the boos more so than Dumars

8. Tate says:

MAN i have no life!!! but i must say that I am very happy to see that Rodman has a spot up there in the rafters… he is my favorite player of all-time… I remember playing middle school basketball and being the shortest guy out there and trying to do the splits in the air to get rebounds just like that dude. Hes a very under rated player and im glad that he finally got some respect!! Now all we have to do is sell the team, get some tougher cats out there and retire Rasheed and Bens jerseys.. Get rid of gordon, get rid of stuckeys pg status, grab a legit pg, and get a legit center for a year until Monroe beefs up a tad, get Jonas healthy, snatch up a good backup PF that actually likes to play defense, and get this team a realistic coach that knows what hes doing and demands respect (Laimbeer), and all of the sudden, we will have a team thats not to be f’d with!!!! read this twice before mustering up a negative opinion on my thoughts

• jayg108 says:

I don’t have to read it twice, I second those motions. I just hope the Pistons President of BBall Ops (whoever that will be) agrees, too.

BTW: Pretty cool that you tried to play like Rodman. I just watched that 34 rebound game and you see that he bled for every rebound. Awesome to play with that much heart. Monroe and Jerebko have that at times.

9. Shawn says:

Is there any way to download this video?

Oct-30       102-113