So the Pistons finally won one even with Brook Lopez putting up a career high 39 points against the Nets.
If you weren’t at the Palace Wednesday night, you most likely didn’t get to see this rare no-televised 109-116 victory. So the Best I can give you is the recap highlights from Pistons.com.
Video courtesy of The Detroit Pistons and the NBA
- It’s no Joke… and don’t think I’m not dropping some money down for Charity for a chance to win Darko Milicic’s Championship ring. It’s legit, for 10 dollars you can purchase 5 raffle tickets to win Darko’s Pistons 2004 Ring. I would love to win it, but I would be happy if one of you did too! I wore one once…how cool would it be it do it again?
- Winning Darko’s ring is probably more important than Detroit actually winning their 27th game of the season.
- Another stellar night for Greg Monroe who dropped a 20 and 10 double-double on the Nets. For good measure he even added 2 blocks and 2 steals to the mix…boy do I love this Kid.
- I can’t wait to see Monroe and Jonas on the same court together.
- So Rodney Stuckey doesn’t play for 8 consecutive quarters and then dumps in 22 points with 10 assists (double-double). I want to say WTFudge…well you know, but all I can do is shake my head.
- Someone is going to pay some cash for Chris Wilcox’s services next season. Boy he knows just when to step up his game.
- Richard Hamilton another of coach Kuester’s besties led the Pistons with 25 points and an assist short of a double-double himself.
- No time for McGrady, Kuester wanted to rest him after giving him more than 30 minutes the night before.
- No Deron Williams for the Nets.
- Oh Ben Gordon, what has become of you?
Greg Monroe: “We were having trouble with Lopez and it worked We were able to make a little run and get a little distance coming down the stretch. I would think switching the defense was the big difference. The guys kind of caught their breath sitting back in the zone a little bit and the defense started starting some offense for us, too.”
- Should we celebrate because the Pistons matched their wins from last season?
It was a refreshing break for me, I didn’t see the game nor did I hear it, although it’s just my luck that I’m not at a game that they actually win. It’s been a long season and with all the drama, I’m happy to start fresh (if we can) next year.
If you were at the game, please let us know in the comments.
We’ll be ok…I think.