It’s pretty hard to come back in a game when the opposing team makes their first 14 shots and are shooting 80% at the half. But give your Pistons and A for effort for keeping this game close when the Spurs were playing some great basketball.
The Spurs were up by 19 points in the first half, and 14 with eight minutes to go, but Detroit kept fighting getting within 5 points late in the fourth quarter.
- Though this one gets added to the L column with the rest, it’s hard not to be proud of the team for the fight. And it’s not easy to forget just how hard it has been to be proud about anything associated with this team lately.
- The 104-111 loss gave the Spurs their first season sweep of Detroit in four years.
- T-Mac back on court an in the starting lineup for Detroit boded well for the Pistons. T-mac scored 15 on 6-for-11 shooting with 9 assists, 7 boards, 2 steals and a blocked shot.
- Yes, nobody really knows what’s going on with this team, its lineups or the rotation. Not even Q!
- ICE4DYESS – Our good friend Antonio McDyess played his 1000th game against Detroit.
Antonio McDyess: “I can feel it in my body that it is 1,000 games. To actually play my 1,000th game against my old team definitely feels good.”
- Just weird to be typing this – Rip Hamilton led the Pistons with 20 points off the bench and was caught joking and laughing with Kuester during a timeout. Bizarro World!
- No D at all.
- Just 15 minutes on the floor for Rodney Stuckey who scored just 3.
- Greg Monroe another double-double, 16 points and 10 board and a ton of hard work.
- 20 offensive boards for Detroit while San Antonio had just five. Why? Because they never missed any of their shots.
- Ben Wallace back with the team after the death of his brother, but did not play.
- Recap via Pistons.com
- Big shot from Austin Daye and T-mac down the stretch to keep Detroit in the ball game.
- Come playoff time it’s me rooting for Antonio McDyess and the Spurs.
- Myself and That Sports Babe talking Basketball tonight at 8pm EST…take a listen and call in.