The Pistons have now lost 10 of their last 13 points after falling to Oklahoma City Friday night. Though the Pistons played well at times, they were overpowered the Thunder’s ability to knock down clutch shots especially in the third quarter.
The Thunder finished at exactly 50 percent from both behind and in front of it in their 94-104 victory over Detroit.
- Defensive troubles! You could see it in San Antonio and Friday night in OKC. You have to at least stop a team from shooting lights out from downtown to take an 18 point lead when you’re within striking distance.
- You can play well on the offensive all night, but if you can’t stop the other team you’re not going to win.
- Give it up to Austin Daye for getting the defensive assignment of Durant and then blocking his shot.
- Detroit held both Westbrook and Durant under their season averages, though Durant scored 24 and Westbrook added 13. But James Harden came off the bench with 22 points torching Detroit right when they were getting close.
- Rodney Stuckey who has been playing well the last few games had a great one against the Thunder. Stuckey scored 16 points on just 8 shots in 32 minutes with 6 assists.
Stuckey: “They were hitting shots, James Harden came in and played a very good game. Durant does his usual, Westbrook does his usual – they played a very good game and got stops at the end.”
- The Thunder erased a seven point Pistons lead by closing the second quarter on a 25-13 run. Runs like that seem the norm against the Pistons all season long.
- Add another double-double to Greg Monroe’s season totals. Greg scored 12 with 10 boards and 6 assists! Yes six.
- Rip Hamilton led Detroit with 20 points playing well as soon as he hit the court. With play like this, he just might sooth some of the hurt he’s caused Pistons fans lately.
- No Will, no Ben.
- Alarming year for Ben Gordon. Ben shot just once in his 13 minutes on the floor. I’m sure this is not what Gordon had in mind when coming to Detroit.
- 21 points for the Thunder off Pistons turnovers.
- Highlight of the game…a Rip to Tay old school alley-oop.
[flashvideo file=http://www.need4sheed.com/videos/flash_video/march_11_11_prince.f4v /]
Video courtesy of The Detroit Pistons and The NBA
- They do it again Saturday night in Denver!