I guess the Palace is where Amazing Happens…just not for Detroit.
The Pistons 61 point first half didn’t make a difference Wednesday night at the Palace as Detroit once again when hot and cold all night long in a game that just hurts to lose.
Detroit, trailing by two points at the half stammered in the second scoring 44 points to the NBA’s worst defensive team.
- No Darko
- The shorthanded Timberwolves really looked like All-Stars playing again the Pistons Wednesday night, with guys like Lazar Hayward and Anthony Randolph making Detroit look silly.
- Career high for Austin Daye who scored 22 points starting for Detroit. Austin added 3 assists, 4 boards, a blocked shots while fouling out after 39 minutes on the floor.
- 5-for-25 from downtown for Detroit! Really…no seriously really? And why are we a 3-point shooting team all of the sudden?
- Madonna night at the Palace – I wish the Pistons were playing like they were in the late 80’s.
- Letting a team with 14 wins school you in your own building is just a testament to what this season has been like.
- The highlights via NBA.com
- Rip Hamilton back in the rotation and having fun! Rip went 5-for-12, with 6 assists and 11 points in 26 minutes.
- The Pistons had 20 assists at halftime, just 10 off their season-high for the season in a full game. They finished the game with 29.
- Shot selection went out the door last night.
- Kevin Love make the 48 double-double’s in a row! Love with 20 points and 20 boards was the best part of being at the game.
- The other highlight, Greg Monroe with his own double-double with 18 points and 11 boards. Add 4 steals and 2 assists for Moose and that alone will make you smile.
- Monroe on Post play: “Just trying to get in when I can. This whole season I haven’t had many plays called, not expecting that to change, just go out and do my part.”
- Laimbeer back home again and he looks comfortable on the bench, though most would like to see him on the other side of the court at the Palace.
- Tay did not play (back) and another DNP for McGrady coaches decision.
- A double-double of his own for Rodney with 10 assists and 11 points.
- Pretty cool that George and Special K made their rounds at the Palace last night.
- Jonas looked mighty nice in his Birthday Suit on the bench. Hey… it was his Birthday and he had a sharp black suit on! Dirty minds.
- Is it wrong to say, this just isn’t fun anymore?
Don’t forget about Me, That Sports Babe and our new show that starts tonight at 8pm! I have some great questions for John Salley so be sure to tune in and call in!
Listen Live Thursday at 8PM