Right now Charlie Sheen could not be a Pistons fan. WINNING! is something they just can’t seem to pull off on the road, not even against the worst team in the league. The Pistons haven’t won a game away from the Palace in more than six weeks and from their performance Friday night in their 91-97 loss it looks like some of the your dreams of squeaking into the playoffs are all but lost.
- Plain and simple, the Cavs wanted this game and the Pistons did not. Detroit’s biggest lead in the was just two points and even with a chance late in the fourth quarter to take the game, it just didn’t look like they wanted it.
Kuester: “They had more energy than us. They hurt us on offensive rebounds. We took care of the ball first half. Second half we ended up having too many turnovers. You try to warn the team when anybody plays hard in this league, good things will happen and they played harder than us. We had a chance to cut it to one right there in the end; we just couldn’t get over that hump.”
- Sure, let J.J. Hickson take over the game with 24 points, 15 boards and 2 assists.
- A DNP for Charlie V who I’m quite certain was being punished for his outburst with Kuester in the Miami game. Kuester’s take…he communicated rotation logistics with Villanueva. Huh?
- It doesn’t help that they have a back to back against the Pacers tonight at the Palace.
- With 10 games left Detroit is now 6 1/2 games back of the Pacers.
- Austin Daye with 12 points, 7 boards, 3 assists and 2 steals in 28 minutes on the floor.
Daye: “It was an unfortunate effort by all of us,”
- Tayshaun Prince and Rip Hamilton both scored 15 for Detroit. Prince added 2 blocks, 2 assists and 4 boards. They combined for 30 points through three quarters. They had their own 4th quarter meltdown scoring zero combined when it counted.
- Solid games for Monroe. Greg with 11 points, 8 boards, a steal and a blocked shot.
- Another what is to become of Ben Gordon game. Ben played 16 minutes and scored 8 points off the bench. I’m assuming that if his role doesn’t’ stabilize in Detroit, he’s going to be as sparatic as he’s been until the rest of his tenure here.
- The lowlights via NBA.com
- Will Bynum so some time on the floor scoring 5 points with a really sweet dish to Wilcox late in the game.
- Another “What is Kuester doing” night. Bynum play the first three periods, but Kuester went to him to start the fourth. Bynum played the rest of the way, as did point guard Rodney Stuckey.
- The odds of figuring out how this team is going to be coached day by day is about as high as winning the lottery.
- Rodney with 11 points on 3-for-11 shooting, adding 4 boards and 4 assists.
- Jason Maxiell’s 4 turnovers and 0 points didn’t help.
- T-Mac was off too. Tracy with just two points on the night.
- Wilcox with 8 boards, a blocked shot and 12 points.
- I hate losing, but I hate it even more when it is to Cleveland.
- So…how is that draft looking?