I refuse to us a cheesy title like “The Pistons can’t stand the Heat” or “Detroit gets burned by the Heat.” The truth is, the Pistons team that took the floor Wednesday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills was not the one we have seen this season.
With the Detroit in control, and with the lead most of the game the Pistons allowed the Heat to go on a 15-0 run to start the fourth quarter. The Pistons saw their 8 point lead turn into a 7 point deficit as Kuester scrambled to take a time out after defensive mishaps so he could put his started back in the game. Though as hard as they fought, they just couldn’t get over the momentum change and the advantage the Heat gained to start the fourth quarter.
Not even Rodney Stuckey’s POSTERIZATION of Chris Bosh could bring them back in their 100-94 loss to Miami.
- Once the Heat took over in the fourth the best the Pistons could do was get with 4 points of the lead.
- Sad that this one had to come down to a bad fourth quarter of defensive blunders and substitution issues. Detroit really could have pulled it out.
- I don’t care if we lost, they played hard and it was nice to see the Heat shocked by this team that they took for pushovers. And the Stuckey dunk helped.
- In the fourth when Charlie Villanueva was quickly pulled for Tayshaun, it seems as though he wasn’t too happy with the change as reported by Vince Ellis of the Free Press.
Kuester: “The matchups – that’s exactly what happened, they went small and we went with our normal second group. It was tough for AD and Charlie to match up with their shooters, so you have to make a decision.”
- After shooting 60% for most of the first half and 59.6 % through three quarters, the Pistons slumped to a 21%– 4 of 19 in the fourth quarter.
- Leading by eight points to start the fourth quarter the bench unit of Ben Gordon, Rodney Stuckey, Austin Daye, Charlie Villanueva and Jason Maxiell on the floor went 0-for- 6 with two turnovers on their first eight possessions.
- What vitamins has Chris Wilcox been taking and why didn’t he start taking them like two seasons ago?
- Yes, and then there is Greg Monroe with another double-double (his 17th of the season) with 14 points and 12 boards in 35 minutes on the floor. Do you really still want DeMarcus Cousins? Like we need more drama on this team.
- Video Recap via Pistons.com
- I still hate everything about the Heat and will root for any other team that they go up against.
- Rip Hamilton led Detroit with 27 points om 9-for-16 shooting with 4 assists and 2 boards. Even Blaha was wondering was this the Hamilton of old. It sure looked like it.
- Four Pistons in double figures.
- Sometimes I actually forget that Jason Maxiell is on this team.
- Ben Gordon 11 minutes and just one shot. This is truly not what he signed up for.
- Detroit won the battle of the boards 37-34.
- Detroit had 38 points in the paint while giving up 40 and their biggest lead was 9.
- Sometimes a loss can be enjoyable to watch, especially when your team is fighting to win and giving it their all.
- Seriously though, the Stucktacular Dunk (link to the video below) brought the house down!
- Now we get back to the games on the schedule that they should really win. Take a look they really could get almost all of them, we did beat Boston this season remember.