What could have been one of those games that the Pistons would regret all season, turned into a nice 103-94 victory. With a great showing the night before against the league best Spurs Detroit could have been the team to finally lose to the Cavs. Cleveland, who have now lost 26th straight games were even favored by two points against Detroit, but a Rodney Stuckey and the rest of the Pistons didn’t want to be that team.
Stuckey: “We actually showed the clip that ESPN put on, talking about how they were going to beat us. We tried to use that as motivation. We weren’t going to let that happen. We didn’t want to be a trivia question. We just came out tonight and got the victory.”
- The Pistons were led by Rodney Stuckey’s 22 points off the bench. He’s looking healthy as every. He led the team in assists (4) and was a +18 in his 30 minutes on the floor, with 17 of his points coming in the first half.
- The Pistons started off sluggish and in look like it was going to be that kind of game. Cleveland actually led 14-12 late in the first quarter when the bench added the much needed spark.
- There were some scary surges from the Cavs after the half that made me a bit nervous. They got within three twice.
Highlights via NBA.com
- Thank Ben Wallace for the added D against his former team. Wallace finished with 8 points, 9 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals and a block in 22 minutes.
- I heart Greg Monroe. The hard working Monroe scored 9 with 8 boards in 29 minutes on the floor.
- It was a nice win, but it really took everything the Pistons had to win it.
- Ok….has this Rip thing gotten worse again? Has Rip’s groin got the flu? This situation needs some serious mending. Can someone please call Dr. Phil!
- Reverse oop via NBA.com
- What’s up with Ben Gordon…seriously. Ben went 4-for-11 with 8 points and he seems to be declining with every game.
- Another Bynumite game, Will scored 17 and with 7 assists and one turnover. Great dribble penetration from Bynum who knew just wen to distribute the ball to his teammates.
- Charlie V with 13 points off the bench.
- 48 points in the paint for Detroit who won the board war 44-38.
- Tay with 10 points, 2 blocked shots, 2 steals, 5 boards and 3 assists. Solid all around game from Prince who doesn’t need to score 20 to contribute.
T-Mac: “We played together as a team. The unselfish basketball that we played tonight is what makes us a really good team. Rodney played well. Charlie had a big second quarter for us and the guy that’s really been playing well is Will. Will has been giving us great energy, providing that spark for us off the bench. If we continue to have everybody playing well like that, we’ll give ourselves a chance, night in and night out.”
- BENCHtacular – The Pistons bench with 61 points.
- Great offensive rebounding from Monroe, Wallace and Chris Wilcox.
Miami at the Palace on Friday – Get your tickets now for as low as $6! I smell an upset.