Despite playing well for the past couple of weeks, the Pistons flaws were put on display Friday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills. The Heat glided to a 106-92 victory over the Pistons in what looked an extremely easy game for Miami.
- The Pistons starting lineup was outscored by the Heat’s by 36 points.
- All Miami’s startes scored in double figures.
- Stuckey and T-Mac were a combined 6-18 with 6 turnover between them.
- Tay was the only starter in double figures with 11.
- The first Miami dunk resulted in heavy applause at the Palace (not cool).
- I was told to ask any of the Miami Heat fans bandwagoners if they knew who Ronnie Seikaly (did you know he was a DJ now?) was…needles to say they all looked at me like I was crazy and one even thought I was looking for a Detroit area restaurant.
- Not fun to watch…even more sad to be there.
- The Heat’s 12-2 run in the second quarter really just deflated the Pistons chances of even being in this one. They almost looked like they had given up late in the first quarter.
- Did Maxiell go from eating babies to being the janitor?
- D Wade had a free pass right to the rim all game long.
- Miami looked like they were just toying with Detroit all game long.
- Jesse Jackson in the house with Aretha Franklin. And now staple at the Palace Ndamukong Suh was in the house.
- 30 fast break poins for Miami.
- Biggest lead for the head 25, but quite honestly if felt like 50.
- Lowlights via Pistons.com
- The Pistons were led by Austin Day with 18 points on 6-for-13 shooting with 3 from downtown.
- T-Mac with 5 turnovers.
- The Pistons never led in this one.
- Another DNP for Rip.
- Unfortunately the best part of the game was a BYNUMite putback dunk from Will that didn’t count.
- Monore with 8 points and just 4 boards.
- Ben Gordon with 16 off the bench (where he really does belong until he gets his game together).
Kuester: “That second group came in and got good shots,” John Kuester said. “Unfortunately, they got lost in transition and they made us pay every possession. Their ability to get momentum plays … sucks the wind out of the crowd. That period where we were 1 for 9, that hurt. Having four turnovers in our first seven possessions, those are things that bite you in the butt against a team of that quality.”
- Let’s just hope the next two (Portland and Atlanta) don’t look anything like this game.