Greg Monroe won the matchup of the night by scoring 20 points and grabbing 11 rebounds against Derrick Favors, the first big man taken in the 2010 NBA Draft. The rest of the Pistons took advantage of a very bad Nets team by getting off to good starts of both halves on their way to a 92-82 win. The loss gives the Nets 24 road losses to go with 3 road wins, and it moves the Pistons to 2 games over .500 at home, 13-11.
The Pistons backcourt had issues keeping track of Anthony Morrow, he went off for 22 points and was 1 of only 2 Nets players to score in double figures on the night. Former centerpiece of the Jason Kidd trade Devin Harris contributed 13 assists in the losing effort.
Let’s look at some highlights:
- Tayshaun Prince had the most complete stat line of the night as he finished with 22 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists.
- New Jersey’s “putback king” Kris Humphries scored 6 points and had 9 rebounds off the bench for the Nets in the loss.
- CV still isn’t right after his ankle tweak from a couple games ago – he only played 10 minutes and contributed 1 foul, and 1 turnover.
- The player of the night had to be Greg Monroe – it didn’t matter who he was matched up against, he outhustled (5 offensive rebounds), he d’d up (2 blocks), and moved his feet (only 2 fouls in 42 minutes).
- Rodney Stuckey missed the game due to his right shoulder injury – get well soon, Stuck.
- Richard Hamilton was deactivated
- Johan Petro played well off the bench – 6 points and 6 rebounds with 1 block in 10 minutes. I wouldn’t mind him being on the team if the Carmelo trade were still to happen.
- Hopefully with his night tonight, Greg Monroe has cemented it in to Coach Kuester’s head that he needs to start 100% of the time whether Ben Wallace is healthy or not.
Highlights of the game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2011/02/04/0021000739_njn_det_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
Now that’s a Bynumite killer crossover! (via NBA.com)
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2011/02/04/0021000739_njn_det_play4.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
Tune in tonight as the Pistons take on Scott Skiles and the Milwaukee Bucks in Milwaukee.