With 24 games left in the season the Pistons have to sense some urgency, especially after Tuesday night’s 108-100 loss to the Rockets. Detroit, who started the game right, led by eight points after the first quarter, but made it an uphill battle the rest of the way.
- Can someone, anyone, tell me WHY Greg Monroe didn’t play a minute in the fourth quarter? Monore had a solid double-double with 12 points and 12 boards but he sat the entire fourth quarter when the Pistons were fighting to get a much needed win.
- I’m not one to question coaching, but this year my head has been spinning with doubt. ( I thought MC made me nuts!)
- When you have the other teams best scorers (Scola and Martin) struggling to do much of anything and you’re hoping to make a push for a playoff spot, this is one game that becomes a must win.
- The Rockets led most of the second half, thanks to a 14-3 run at the start of the third.
- Tayshaun with just one point on the night didn’t help Detroit, but as solid as he’s been all season long I’m OK with a bad game here and there. Battier was on him all night long.
- I was lucky enough to sit courtside at the end of the Pistons bench (thanks to someone who’s a bigger deal than I am) and seeing Rip sitting behind the bench next to Terrico White in street clothes is just sad. The look on his face says it all…someone do something.
- Will Bynum was again a Pistons spark-plug. He led the team with 21 points on 9-14 shooting with 6 assists in just 22 minutes.
- Austin Daye missed a couple of wide open threes late in the fourth that could have gotten the Pistons right back in the game. Daye scored 9 on the night with 3 steals and 5 boards.
- Highlights via NBA.com
- Houston got to the line and made them. The Rockets were 26-for-28 from the line, while Detroit only made it there 15 times.
- A five point and one board for Charlie Villanueva.
- I talked to Jonas before the game…yes he is on Twitter! @JonasJerebko
- Stuckey with 19, 2 assists and 3 boars but his +/- was -14. You can thank him for getting Detroit points in the paint. Stuck attacked the basket helping the Pistons outscored the Rockets 58-42 in the paint.
- I was questioning the fourth quarter lineup four hours after the game.
Bynum:(On guard line-up in the fourth) “Nah, I don’t think it hurt defensively, they made shots, they made shots down the stretch when it counts. I don’t think it hurt defensively, if anything it helped.”
Kuester:(On small lineup in fourth quarter) “We felt we could attack, we could defend with that lineup still and it ended up that wasn’t the issue. The issue was we had gotten looks but we just couldn’t finish it. I had no problems with the adjustments and again we have to be smart going down into the stretch.”
- Patrick Patterson with 20 points for Houston…come on!
- The Pistons have got to win Wednesday night against the Pacers to gain some ground.
- Trade deadline looming.
- Every game counts starting yesterday.