The Pistons celebrated Martin Luther King day at home with their third straight victory. A feat that unfortunately the Pistons hadn’t accomplished since April of 2009. Despite 32 from Dirk Nowitzki, the Pistons, who shot a season high 57.5% for the game, took the matinee at the Palace 89-103.
- Rodney Stuckey led Detroit with 20 points on 6-for-8 shooting, with 6 assists, a blocked shot and just one turnover, with a +14 rating. Raise your hands if you think Stuckey is flourishing at the two.
- Another DNP for Rip Hamilton, who sits while the Pistons wait to see if the trade goes through. I wonder what Rip was thinking when he heard the Palace crowd chant “we want Rip”
- Got to love Pistons fans…after the Rip chant. @Chris_Iott heard a fan chant “We want Troy Murphy.”
- Good to see T-mac bounce right back after his slight injury against the Kings. Tracy with 8 points and 3 assists in 25 minutes
McGrady: “That foundation has finally been set. Guys know their role in the starting group and guys (know) their role coming off the bench, and you can see it’s just clicking right now. That’s something we’ve been searching for for quite some time and I think we finally found it.
- OMG how is Brian Cardinal still getting a paycheck in the NBA. If you didn’t know he was drafted by the Pistons. I wonder if anyone out there has a Pistons/Cardinal jersey?
After giving up a ridiculous 71 points at the half against the Kings Saturday night, the Pistons held the Mavs to 37.
- Ben Wallace rested his ankle.
- Highlights of the game via NBA.com
- Dare I say that this game was surprisingly easy?
- So is this starting five a winner? When you win three in a row using it, especially the way the Pistons have you have to say yes.
- Want more Stucktacular statistics on Rodney as the two guard? Stuckey is averaging 19.3 points on 17-for-28 shooting 60.7% since moving to the starting shooting guard position the last three games.
- Another solid game from Charlie V, who I have to say has really played well all season long, but it’s particularly nice to get his shooting off the bench. Charlie V finished with 15 points in the victory.
- Tay with 19 on 9-for-12 shooting with 5 assists and a blocked shot. This really is the best Tay has played in quite some time. Tay recorded one block but really got robbed on a very clean block on Jason Terry that they called a foul.
- Will Bynum contributing again. He’s ready when called upon.
- Reports surfaced out of Dallas over the weekend that the Mavs have targeted Tayshaun Prince, among a handful of NBA players, as a possible fill-in for Caron Butler.
- He plays defense and he dunks, Greg Monroe with the steal and the drive.
- Monroe solid, solid and solid. The kid put up 16 with 9 boards and 4 steals! He will be playing in the all star rookie game right? With every game you see his confidence rise and his shots fall.
- Ben Gordon put up 11, but still really doesn’t have his shot back yet. When he does…you’ll know it.
- Really….what have they been feeding Chris Wilcox?