The Pistons vs. The Mavericks

The Pistons vs The Mavericks

The 14-26 Pistons will host the 26-13 Mavericks for a MLK matinee at the Palace of Auburn Hills Monday afternoon.The Mavs have won five straight against the Pistons with Nowitzki averaging 29.0 points.

The Pistons, who have won the last 2 games haven’t strung three in a row since last April.

Injury Updates:
Ben Wallace questionable.
Tracy McGrady game time decision.

Is there a better way to celebrate Martin Luther King day then to head on out to the Palace for an afternoon game. Check out Dirk and the Mavs take on the Pistons for as little as $4.

Tip off is at 3:30 pm and will be broadcast on Fox Sports. If you can’t catch the game on TV, follow it live over at NBA.com or on the radio over at 97.1 The Ticket.

Leave your thoughts in the comments or Chat Live with your fellow Pistons fans during the game.

28 Responses to "The Pistons vs. The Mavericks"
  1. James (Australia) says:

Wallace will not play. Chandler will not play.

McGrady will play. Nowitzki will play.

LETS GO PISTONS!

2. Crack says:

Best intro ever!!!! :D

3. Drew says:

If the Carmelo blockbuster falls through, maybe we can trade Hamilton to Utah for Okur, or at very least to Dallas for Haywood.

4. MattDaRealest says:

Put Rip in in, kuester is a queer!

5. rai_from_the_philippines says:

please no 3rd quarter collapse! please no 4th quarter collapse! please no 3rd quarter collapse! please no 4th quarter collapse! please no 3rd quarter collapse! please no 4th quarter collapse! please no 3rd quarter collapse! please no 4th quarter collapse! please no 3rd quarter collapse! please no 4th quarter collapse! please no 3rd quarter collapse! please no 4th quarter collapse! please no 3rd quarter collapse! please no 4th quarter collapse! please no 3rd quarter collapse! please no 4th quarter collapse! please no 3rd quarter collapse! please no 4th quarter collapse!

GO PISTONS!!!

• junior says:

rai if your gonna be stupid do it somewhere else. this is for real comments not your banter.

• rai_from_the_philippines says:

that is no banter,man. this is a shout out onto the universe. Pistons are 2-0 since I have started doing this. I will do this again the next game, and if they lose, I will stop. ok? peace. =)

• junior says:

well theyve won 3 in a row without you saying it so please stop its childish. thank you.

• rai_from_the_philippines says:

no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do! no one tells me what to do!

• piston_fan_philippines says:

Don’t worry bro. The Pistons controlled the whole game and got the biggest lead in the 4th. At the closing of the 3rd quarter i was sure it will be a piston win. Can’t believe we won 3 in a row! thanks to piston D especially Monroe’s 4 steals. SOmeday he will be the next Ben Wallace.

• rai_from_the_philippines says:

nice, i have a ‘ka-piston’ on this site. so that makes us 2 fans out of 96 million people in the Philippines. LOL!

yeah, nice game from Monroe. if he keeps this up, he will be asked for by other teams. Hopefully, Joe D wouldn’t pull a boneheaded play and trade him.

GO PISTONS!!!

6. junior says:

nice game i think i like stuckey at the 2. hes playing really well there. great win and our first 3 in a row!! GO PISTONS.

• Kevin (PHL) says:

weren’t you the one defending Stuckey at the one? LOL
      oh well, jump on the bandwagon…

• junior says:

yes i was but if you look at his stats he putting up the same numbers. but the team is playing better right now also. stuckey can play either spot really well but right now hes at the 2. iv always said he is a pg but with his size he can be a 2 also.

7. Patrick says:

But why Rip not play again? :/

• Leftos says:

One possible (and somewhat obvious reason) is to keep him away from a possible injury so that he’s up and in for any incoming trade. An injury now would mean going back to the drawing board for all teams included, and a non-playing Rip for even further in the Pistons rather than just the games he’s missing now. Team got 3 wins without him. I’m sad to see him like that, but right now, rotation’s working. You’ve got to admit that.

• Tycoon says:

I think that’s true. Coach Q is not stupid to sit him as early as last week if there isn’t any agreement about this. There might be some sort of condition like the trade will only push through if we sit Rip the rest of the trade process.

8. PJ Lincoln says:

I wish the Rip trade would go down so everyone can move on. Speaking of which, I would cut Ben Wallace right after trading Rip. He’s eating up minutes younger guys should be getting. If we get Petro in the Rip deal, keeping Ben makes absolutely no sense.

• Leftos says:

Let the man retire a Piston. If my Pistons Association in NBA 2K11 is anything to go by, he will retire this year.

I mean… How much better a chance do you need?

I’m just kidding, obviously.

• rai_from_the_philippines says:

hopefully, this injury would also serve as a rest period for Ben. Greg monroe can start until after the all star break. After which Ben could return, hopefully rejuvinated, and we can still make a push for the 8th seed.

9. Riv says:

Update: Pistons did beat the Mavs this afternoon and played a great game. Rip Hamilton is one of my favorite players, but if the Nuggets deal goes thru with New Jersey that would re-unite Rip and Chauncey in the backcourt. I will miss Rip but that’s not a bad deal for him. He’s nearer to Coatesville, Pa(home), will get more playing time, be on a team with a very good big man (Brook Lopez), might (will) go further in the playoffs this year, and still will get his #32 jersey hanging at the Palace with the rest of the ’04 champs. If the deal goes south with Denver then they should not DNP-CD him. He deserves to play until they trade him to upgrade the front court.

10. ronsti says:

I am enjoying this winning streak. I am not even sad to see rip sit. I was hoping for this last year when we got BG. I hope the trade happens and then we can worry about giving Moose the minutes he deserves.

11. junior says:

i dont give a crap who sits and gets a DNP-CD as long as we are winning. we’ve won 3 of 4 with rip out and this new lineup. if it works oh well thanks for your time rip but your time is up. lets move on get some wins and turn this shit around. i dont know about you guys but im tired of them losing almost every game. GO PISTONS.

12. Patrick says:

You’re right, I might have a different mentality. If this is true, and will go to Denver, even me happy. Again, they create together a harmonious duet with Billups, I hope so

13. piston_fan_philippines says:

wtf is wrong with our players! they look so slumped!

Oct-30       102-113