Something odd happened at the Palace Saturday night. The Pistons not only won two in a row, but they outscored their opponent 51-36 thanks to a dominant third quarter to narrowly escape with a 106-110 victory over the Sacramento Kings.
- The Pistons with almost not defense in the first half. To extra defense in the second half that led to the Kings shooting just 31%.
- Tayshaun Prince led the Pistons with 21 points on 9-for13 shooting with 6 boards, a steal and 3 assists.
- Tracy McGrady left in early in the first quarter with a shin injury and didn’t return.
- No matter, Will Bynum stepped in with 18 points and some key plays in the Pistons victory. This was one of them
- Bynumite block by will in crunch time.
Video courtesy of NBA.com
Kuester on the Block: “I had to ask somebody, ‘Was that Will?’ He had one of those games where he changed the complexion of the game.”
- Detroit out-rebounded 45-30.
- As is we didn’t know, Rip with another DNP while all teams involved try to get the trade done.
- Charlie Villanueva was stellar off the bench for Detroit. CV31 with 16 points , 2 assists and 2 boards.
Villanueva: “We just buckled down in the second half, they were making everything.” “It was more of a mental thing. It was intensity, we got the stops we needed.”
- Thank the Pistons bench for this one, who combined for 52 points.
- Ben Gordon looking better after returning to the bench putting up 16 Saturday night.
- Yes that was Detroit who held the Kings to just 10 points in the third quarter.
- I’m liking what Chris Wilcox is doing every game. And boy can he throw one down with authority when he has the chance.
- Stucktacular game from stuck who put up 19 points on 6-for-11 shooting and did a heck of a job defensively on Evans in the second half. Stuckey at the two…is number one in my book.
- Highlights of the game via Pistons.com
- Don’t forget, Monday’s game is a MLK matinee against Dallas at 3:30 pm. Have the day off? Go to the game for as little as $4 !