When defense is the key to the Suns victory and their key player is Jared Dudley, those facts alone can probably tell the story about how the Pistons performed. Dudley, who had 19 points in the second quarter, helped the Suns go on a 22-4 in the second to make the rest of the game an uphill battle for Detroit.
- The Suns made a point of trapping Tracy McGrady, who started as the Pistons point guard, making it difficult for him to run the offense for the Pistons.
- Rip knocked down a 3-pointer that brought the Pistons within 4 points with 9 minutes left before the half, but backup point guard Dragic answered with his own and started the the Suns on a 14-2 run. Rip finished the game with just 5 points and a -30 (+/-) on the night.
- Late in the fourth DaJuan Summers got some court time which resulted in a little scrum with Grant Hill that resulted in a double technical foul.
- Do you realize that the Pistons have the highest scoring bench in the league.
- You would have thought Kuester could have made some adjustments to stop the runs the Suns went on as well as the trouble the Pistons were having with the defense.
- Charlie V with 10 points and 3 boards in 25 minutes.
- Even before this game the question was, how can they beat a team like Boston and struggle with a team on the ropes like the Suns, who were on a four game losing streak and was getting used to their new players acquired by the trade.
- Sad stat, the Pistons are winless in 12 games when trailing after three quarters.
- Detroit was led by Ben Gordon with 19 on 8-19 shooting, with 6 boards, and 3 assists in 41 minutes on the floor.
- The first half was a turnover festival for the Pistons. 14 on the night for Detroit, 5 coming from T-mac thanks to the Suns defense.
- Chris Wilcox left the game with a groin pull and didn’t return.
- Play Daye, 9 points and 8 boards in 20 minutes.
- Surprised Monroe didn’t get more than 13 minutes.
Kuester: “We’ve got to have a different mindset when we go on the road. We’ve got to have that toughness that we talk about continually.”
- Highlights of the game via NBA.com
- Prince with 12 points on 2-for-10 shooting.
- 12-27 from downtown for Phoenix.
- Stuckey didn’t make the trip to Phoenix, but the Pistons are hoping his stomach virus will be better enough for him to catch up with the team on the rest of their road trip.
- DNP for Jason Maxiell.
- You would think that Detroit would have made this a game when the Suns best player Steve Nash has just 2 assists and 7 points.
- Truly tough to watch, lets hope the New Year doesn’t continue this way for Detroit.
- Don’t forget your January Schedule Wallpaper featuring Tracy McGrady.