The 11-21 Pistons are in Phoenix to play the last game of this year against the 13-17 Suns. The Suns haven’t been below .500 this late in a season since 2003-04. Phoenix is 2-8 in their past ten games and have lost the last four. The Suns haven’t had a longer losing streak since dropping six straight March 3-12, 2009.  The Suns however have a streak they would like to keep, they have won their last 4 games against Detroit.

Rodney Stuckey did not travel with the team, so you won’t be seeing him in Phoenix.  The Pistons hope he feels better enough to catch up to the team for the rest of their road trip.

The Scouting Report via Pistons.com

Get the Flash Player to see this content.

Tip off is at 9:00 pm and will be broadcast on FS Detroit PLUS. If you can’t catch the game on TV, follow it live over at NBA.com or on the radio over at WWJ 950 AM.

Follow MeMake sure you Follow Myself and Danny on Twitter. Today is the last day for entries to win your choice of T-Shirt from the Need4Sheed.com store.

Leave your thoughts in the comments or Chat Live with your fellow Pistons fans during the game.

A safe and Happy New Year to all!

17 Responses to The Pistons vs. The Suns

1. Drew says:

I live in Phoenix, and I’ll be there tonight! I guess I’ll wear my Prince jersey, not my Stuckey. DET should have a decent shot at victory. I wonder where the players will be hanging out afterwards for New Year’s.

2. Piston_fan_fromthe_philippines says:

The game was horrible. It was an easy win for the suns.

3. rai_from_the_philippines says:

Lost again… must be Stuckey’s fault! LOL!

4. Tycoon says:

That’s how it goes, one game we play good, two games we play bad. No wonder why we’re 11-22.

5. pistons 4 life says:

Didn’t watch this game but I’m wondering during the Suns 22 to 4 run in the second did Q call a timeout ever? Just wondering. How can you have such an impressive win against a championship caliber team and then lay an egg like this to a team that might not even make the playoffs? I just don’t get it!

6. edt says:

detroit is the softest team in the nba. if the other team takes the night off, doesn’t defend, we can win, because we can knock down shots, but if they defend it’s a long night because we can’t stop anyone

the suns came out tonight determined to defend, which is unusual for that team, and it made an easy win for them

7. jayg108 says:

That game was a replay of last year’s game in Phoenix. Suns jacked up 3′s off of every Piston misfire, and (they forgot that their supposed guard the arc.) I think all those 3′s were demoralizing.

8. terry says:

We would’ve won with Stucky in the game.

9. Drew says:

Being at the game and seeing this in person, I could just about slap whoever said Detroit is good at guarding the 3.

Are there still some out there thinking Stuckey could have done any worse than what we did last night?

• jayg108 says:

Did you go to the game last year in Phoenix? You probably thought you were seeing a repeat.

At the end of last season, I knew 2 things needed to happen in the offseason: get a big that can play both ends, and learn how to guard the 3ball. Well, Monroe will take some time, but guarding against the 3ball is a still an open wound that needs to be mended.

• Drew says:

Been the the DET game in Phoenix every year for the past 6 or 7 years. It felt kind of like a replay, although we got it to ten after three quarters this time and Phoenix didn’t run up the score with threes in the fourth quarter. I’ve never seen the Suns play defense like this. I don’t think Nash even attempted a shot in the first half. I kept yelling for Kuester to put Monroe in earlier.

• jayg108 says:

I do remember them running up the score last year with 3′s.

But the Pistons need to show a little more perseverance when their shots aren’t falling and the defense is smothering them.

• Sorry they laid an egg again for you Drew. Where there a lot of Pistons fans in the building? It sure sounded like it.

• Drew says:

A few, but not really. We used to take up about 1/3 of the building three to four years ago. Last two years? Not so much.

I think the good news is if Detroit ever “builds it” again, they will come.