Add another loss to the Pistons record and put another check by Rip Hamilton’s name for Technical Temper Tantrum Ejections. The Rockets handed the Pistons their 15th loss of the season behind the hot hand of Luis Scola’s game high 35 points, 21 coming in the second half.
- The Pistons have lost 5 straight away from home and 15 of the last 18 in Houston.
- Charlie Villanueva missed the game for personal reasons.
- Rip – a call doesn’t go your way….get over it. To top it off the call didn’t go against Rip, but McGrady. Another double technical, and a trip to the locker room for Rip. I don’t care if it’s the worst call in the word, nobody cares. The season just started and he’s has been ejected 3 times. At this point it looks like he either doesn’t care or he’s doing on purpose.
- I would like Luis Scola’s hair and jump shot for Christmas Santa.
- Rodney Stuckey led the way with 18 point, 5 assists, a steal and 6 turnovers in 32 minutes on the floor.
- Tayshaun Prince a -26 on the night. Ten points on 5-for-12 shooting with 8 boards and a blocked shot in 33 minutes.
- T-Mac really heard the boo’s from the Houston crowd. T-Mac put up 11 points, with 3 boards and 3 assists.
- Play more Daye…with Charlie V out, Austin got time on the floor and responded with 12 points on 4-6 shooting in just 18 minutes.
- Detroit held a 43-34 advantage with 5:54 left in the second quarter before the Rockets closed the first half on a 20-2 run. Great…
- Kuester complaining about whistles post game.
Kuester “We have to work through things and the mental toughness must come through. We had some guys step up their games. Rip (Hamilton) knows what he has to do and he must adjust his game to the whistle. We didn’t do a good job of keeping Houston away from the basket. We turned the ball over too often in the second quarter.”
- With Rip tossed, Bynum finally saw some time. A whole 3 minutes 40 seconds.
- Ben Gordon still slumping 3-11 shooting for 9 points. See ya Rip…ride the bench and let Ben get going again. Doesn’t matter anyway. You get ejected when you start.
- Detroit got within one late in the fourth, and when Houston stepped on the gas the Pistons tires just seemed to deflate. It was as if they just gave up with about 7 minutes left.
- Kevin Martin got the foul line 15 times.
Highlights via NBA.com
- This is when you miss Sheed, Detroit had no one to stop Scola, or anyone big who has the hot hand for that matter.
- Greg Monroe with another solid night for the Pistons. Monroe scored 7 points, pulled down three rebounds, and stole the ball twice in a little less than 25 minutes on the court.
- 24 points in the paint to the Rockets 34.
- The Hornets tonight (WED), The Timberwolves Friday and Toronto Saturday. Good luck boys.