The Pistons forced overtime on a scrappy play that they just didn’t give up on. With 18 seconds left, McGrady missed an open jumper, Stuckey boarded the ball, Rip miss another jumper. Tayshaun then rebounds and passes it over to Rip who misses another jumper. Charlie V boards it and puts it in leaving the clock at .6 in regulation and tied at 85. Maxiell blocked the final shot for Chicago to send it to overtime, where the Pistons finally fell to Chicago 95-92.
- Detroit just couldn’t stop Boozer. No big body to stop a guy like that, he finished with 31 points and 11 boards. On a funny note, I find it funny that on NBA.com’s player profile of Boozer they have him in a photoshopped picture of him in a Bulls.
- Tracy McGrady with 15 in the fourth quarter. It was his and Rip’s play late in the fourth quarter to take this game into overtime.
- Rip with 15 points and late game heroics, but he did have a few horrible looking shots earlier in the game. Six for 14 shooting for Rip with 3 assists, and4 boards in 36 minutes.
- Scrappy good effort from Detroit, even though they lost. Detroit really came out flat and had another third quarter collapse, but they kept at it. Honestly this one could have went either way.
- Highlights from the game
Courtesy of The Detroit Pistons and The NBA
- Good crowd at the Palace with a ton of Pistons fans back home for the Holidays. When Detroit tied it on their last play in regulation, the Palace was just electric. Hasn’t’ felt that good since 2007.
- Stuckey still doesn’t get the call, but Boozer sure does.
- Stuckey scored 16 on 6-for-12 shooting with 4 assists a steal and 3 boards. Rodney got into foul trouble and in came Bynum who really can’t handle Rose at all.
- Boozer and Rose scored 54 of the Bulls 95 points.
- 46 points in the paint for Chicago.
- 13 Offensive rebounds from Chicago in the first quarter. Proof positive Detroit desperately needs big bodies. Detroit was outrebounded 55-39.
- Good Defense from Detroit late in the game.
- Pistons have now lost the last 9 games to the Bulls.
- Tayshaun led the Pistons with 17 and some great defense, when Detroit really needed it. Tayshaun with 6 assists a steal and 2 blocked shots in 34 on the floor.
- I only had to endure Scalabrine for the last 18 seconds of regulation, but I did have to look at Korver and his faux beard and ballet tights for much longer.
- Ben Gordon also in foul trouble for Detroit, but surprisingly didn’t play more than a few seconds after he got his fourth.
- When is the last time Charlie Villanueva has had a bad game? Charlie V with a double-double 10 boards and 12 points, with a blocked shot and 2 steals. He looked demoralized in his post game interview. He took this loss hard.
- Surprising bodies on the floor for the Pistons to finish up the game from Kuester.
- An almost invisible Ben Wallace except for his 3 blocked shots.
- Detroit hold the Bulls to 39.6% shooting on the night and loses.
- The Pistons have played five overtime games this season, with four coming in Sunday home games. Wasn’t it last season they couldn’t win at all on Sundays? Or was that 2008? All this bad play is just running into each other lately.
- They made it a game and it was exciting. I’ll take this kind of game any day, because they fought and had heart.
- Back to back in Charlotte.