The Pistons, who had an awful 2nd quarter and were down by as much as 23 had the game within reach with seconds left on the clock. Ben Gordon fell short on two 3-point attempts that would have tied the game. Yet another back to back game loss and a comeback left on floor.
- I’m really starting to question what the heck Kuester is doing or not doing. First he sits Ben Gordon with the hot hand in the third quarter of Sundays game when he gets his fourth foul and never brings him back in. Then against the Bobcats with Charlie V on fire and hitting almost everything he fails to get him the ball when the Pistons need baskets. I’m the coach I’m giving Charlie the ball for the 3…not Gordon who missed it twice. Charlie finished with a team high 25 points, a blocked shot, 2 assists and 3 boards in 31 minutes. He was 10-for-14 and 5-for-5 from downtown…why Kuester? I want answers!
- Ben Gordon with 17 points on 6-for-16 shooting in 36 minutes with 4 assists and 3 steals. I still give the ball to Charlie for the last shot.
- D.J. Augustin leads all scorers with 27…yep that’s right the Pistons got schooled by Augustin, who averages 12 points per game.
- Ben Wallace just looks tired.
- The Pistons outscore the Bobcats 31 to 20 in the fourth.
- Are the Pistons now having second quarter collapses? Bobcats outscore Detroit 30 to 14 in the 2nd.
- Shocking lineup of Bynum, Gordon, Hamilton, Wilcox and Charlie V to end the game.
- Is T-mac hurt? He played just 10 minutes
- Someone please tell Chris Wilcox that I thought he was going to play like this when the Pistons signed him. Wilcox with 15 points, 3 blocked shots, and 8 boards in 22 minutes off the bench. And one of the loudest dunks I have heard in a while.
[flashvideo file=http://www.need4sheed.com/videos/flash_video/dec_27_10_hl.f4v /]
Courtesy of The Detroit Pistons and The NBA
- You know I love me some Will Bynum, but he his two horrible plays in the closing minutes really hurt Detroit. He finished with 6 points and 7 assists.
- Block Party! Bobcats with 13 on the night.
- Solid night for Tayshaun, 17 points in 29 minutes.
- Off night for Rip 9 points on 4-10 shooting.
What’s up with Stuckey? The incredible shrinking point guard. Can you really have a PG that gets less assists than most anyone else on the team?
- How many valiant efforts that fall short can we watch?
- I’m almost afraid of what’s going to happen when the Celtics come to the Palace on Wednesday night.
- At least you can win a T-Shirt.