Seven Pistons scored in double figures Friday night in the Pistons 89-103 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks. Detroit started the game solid making their first three shots and adding a few easy dunks from Jason Maxiell and Tayshaun Prince. Though the Bucks made it close a few times, this one was in Detroit’s hands the whole game.
Detroit had a season high 28 assists and shot 56% on the night in what has to be the easiest win of the season.
- Jason Maxiell’s first two dunks of the night were thrown down with so much authority you could hear them from the Palace parking lot.
- The Pistons led the entire way.
- Stuckey always seems to get up for the challenge of a strong point guard on the other side of the court. Stuckey led the Pistons with 18 points, 7 assists, 3 boards and a +26 on the night in 28 minutes. His strength advantage definitely made a difference in the Jennings match up.
- Another solid game from Charlie V – 15 points, 8 boards, and assist, a steal and a blocked shot in 26 minutes. And one HUGE three that really cemented the Pistons authority when the Bucks were trying to get back in it.
- Will Bynum had a rough time keeping Brandon Jennings out of the paint, but when Stuckey got into foul trouble in the fourth Kuester had the Pistons playing zone which helped corral Jennings, who finished with 25 on the night.
- I’m very happy with the play of Maxiell…but sorry it’s buried Austin Daye on the bench (even if he’s playing out of position).
- Rip Hamilton was an assist away from a double-double with 15 points and 9 assists.
- Finally a very enjoyable game at the Palace…first blowout in quite some time.
- Prince looking good with 14 points, 7 boards, 2 blocked shots 2 steals and 4 assists in 30 minutes. He’s making himself look good for other teams.
- T-Mac with just 9 minutes and I did notice when he went to the bench Arnie started working on him and never came back. Hope he didn’t have a setback.
- Big Ben with 8 boards a block and 2 points.
- And the other Ben…needs more than 5 shots per game. Start Ben Gordon!
- Board war lost 46-36.
- 15 turnovers on the night for the Pistons.
- Hot Hot Hot three point shooting for the Pistons, who were 7-14 (50%) on the night.
- High glass acrobatic glasser from Bynum was more than just pretty.
- It’s been a while, but I spotted a Darko jersey at the Palace. I usually spot them on a youngster, but this time it was a twenty something who seemed quite proud sporting it.
- Sunday matinee against the Knicks, who have been on a roll.