Pistons fans may be tired of saying it, but Wednesday nights game in Atlanta can be added to the “they should have one that one” column. Detroit looked like they were headed for their first win of the season when all things fell apart in the fourth quarter (again). What was a highly competitive game, where the Pistons were probably looking they best they have this short season turned into another loss for Detroit. A five-point, fourth-quarter lead turned into a 85-94 loss in the last five minutes of the game.
- What mysteriously happened to Rodney Stuckey? Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News was there.
‘Rodney Stuckey, the team’s only point guard, only played 13 minutes, missing the last 20:56. While the Hawks were at the foul line early in the third quarter, Pistons coach John Kuester called Stuckey’s name.” Stuckey didn’t flinch, so Kuester called for DaJuan Summers to come in, and Stuckey went to the bench without acknowledging his coach. Kuester ended his postgame press conference early, before the question could be asked. Stuckey declined to talk about the matter afterward, saying only, “I’ve got to stay focused.” Via The Detroit News
- I don’t know what Stuckey did or did not do, but to pull your only PG in a winnable game makes one think.
- The Pistons had a 48-44 halftime lead.
- If you watched, I’m wondering if you thought they would blow it when they had the lead late in the fourth.
- Things looked good for Greg Monroe, who grabbed 8 boards and scored 7, while adding three assists in 27 minutes on the floor. He needs time on the floor, but you can see he’s got skills.
- A little vintage McGrady – Tracy went over his allotted 15 minutes on the court (24). Nice contribution with 9 points, 3 assists, 3 steals and 4 boards. If he can play like that consistantly…it will do wonders for the team.
- 38-35 rebound war won.
- Ben Gordon’s hot hand led the way again with 22 points on 9-for-19 shooting in 41 minutes on the floor. Rip is out, but Ben Gordon starting isn’t hurting my feelings.
- Speaking of Ben Gordon…if you want to WIN a Ben Gordon Bobblhead…Please RETWEET this. Pick me @BenGordon8 – @Need4Sheed_com is giving away a Ben Gordon Bobble head and I want it! #BenGordonBobblehead #need4sheed.com I’m trying to get Ben to pick the winner himself!
- Tayshaun clearly had a different attitude Wednesday night. His point total (17) and his body language said it all. Whatever back and forth was said in the locker room hopefully is squashed.
- Austin Daye is still struggling he was 2-for-12 from the floor in 24 minutes, scoring 6 with 4 boards and 3 assists.
- Detroit had 7 steals on the night and only 8 turnovers…they really should have one this one. I feel like a broken record.
- Jason Maxiell DNP.
- 14 points for Charlie V who went 6-for-16 with 4 boards, 3 assists a seal and a blocked shot. His response to Kevin Garnett’s Statement about the Tuesday night “trash talk” …”I know what I heard.”
Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/hawks/2010/11/03/0021000054_det_atl_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- Call me crazy…I know the Pistons are 0-5, but I still think they will be the team I thought they would be to start the season. We may not make the playoffs, but they will be better than they were last year. You need to remember, this is not what the team is going to look like come February.