The Pistons started off Tuesday nights game in Dallas in a big 16 to 2 hole, that was until things drastically changed. The new Detroit Pistons turned into the old Pistons. By the end of the first quarter Detroit has the score at 16-24 and by halftime they had a 42-38 lead.
Where did things unfold? Not in the third quarter like you would think. Detroit played a very good game, but just stopped making shots late in the fourth and Dirk absolutely turned it on, putting up 42 points and sealing the win with a 3-pointer with 6:09 remaining to put the Mavericks on top for good at 73-70.
- A season high 42 points with 12 points for Dirk.
- The Pistons had a 12 point lead in the third quarter and were ahead by five entering the fourth. The Mavericks scored a season-high 32 fourth-quarter points…insert sad face here.
- Rip went from hot (Sunday) to not (Tuesday). Rip missed his first five shots, sat the entire second quarter and finished with five points on 1-for-7 shooting.
- Hope after all…20 minutes on the floor with 6 points, 4 assists, 3 boards 3 STEALS and 3 BLOCKS! T-Mac looking like the McGrady of old.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/mavericks/2010/11/23/0021000207_det_dal_play3.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- SometimesI think Arnie Kander has made a deal with the Devil and to that I say…thanks Devil.
- Just 2 points on 1-for-6 shooting from Charlie V who though not hitting his shot, grabbed 7 boards in 17 minutes.
- Is it me…or does Big Ben look tired?
- A DNP for Daye.
- Jason Maxiell started again in the place of Daye and seemed to be all over the place. Jason scored 10 and, grabbed 7 boards, with one very nice putback jam.
- Rodney Stuckey and Tayshaun Prince both put up 19 points.
- Alarming 11 assists for Detroit, while Dallas shared the ball to the tune of 21.
- Rebound war won 46-42.
- A Rip to Tay alley oop brought back the good old days.
- I love me some Bynum, but he made some bad decisions last night.
- Plain and simple…Ben Gordon needs to start. Ben had 10 points on 3-for-10 shooting.
- Greg Monroe getting some burn and showing that he needs more. Monroe grabbed 8 boards and scored 4 points in 18 minutes.
- I understand some people are questioning Kuester’s decisions, I have to say no coach is perfect and from time to time you pick on issues and instances in coaching, but coming from Curry…anything is better. And I always hate to put the blame on one person.
- Highlights via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/mavericks/2010/11/23/0021000207_det_dal_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]