The Nets went on a 13-3 run in the last minute and forty seconds of the their 101-98 win over the Pistons. Detroit, who lost the lead in what felt like a blink of an eye, had a couple of chances to tie in the closing seconds of the game.
- It doesn’t matter how great you play, when it takes just two minutes for everything to collapse.
- Sure it’s just one loss, yes it’s just the first game of the season…but boy that Pistons loss didn’t feel good at all.
- No Monroe? I know Brooke Lopez is good, but a DNP from the number 7 pick does not sit well right now.
- When you lose like that the good things sometimes get lost, but there were good things.
- Ben Wallace set the tone with his energy and rebounding. Ben finished the game with 6 points. 10 boards, a steal and an assist in 27 minutes on the floor.
- Hack-a-Ben…come on Avery. (it does work though)
- Seven Pistons in double digits.
- Stuckey looked good putting up 14 points on 4-for-10 shooting with 3 boards and 7 assists. Will this be his year?
- Brook Lopez looks better than he did last season. He finished with a game high 25.
- Outrebounded 44-37.
- T-Mack looked ok in his 13 minutes on the floor. You can see that he’s not moving well but he sure got the ball in the hands of the open man on the floor. Tracy didn’t score, but he had 3 assists, 2 boards, and 2 steals.
- What’s with the barrage of three pointers? The Pistons were 8-19 from downtown. Is that what we are doing now?
- Austin Daye struggled going 2-for-8 for 4 points and 3 boards in 21 minutes.
- Charlie V was the go to guy late in the game? Shooting 3’s? He finished with 14 points on 5-for-10 shooting and 4-for-9 from downtown. I almost thought Sheed was out there behind the arch.
- Tayshaun put up 15 on 5-10 shooting with 2 boards, and assist and 2 blocked shots.
- Wow…16-for-30 from the line. Pitiful! The Pistons missed 7 free throws int the fourth quarter. Difference maker, maybe. Make a few more and win or take it to OT.
- “It’s very, very frustrating. To be up 7 with 1:40 to go is frustrating. We have to close out the game. We had the game in our hands and we didn’t do the little things to pull it out. We need any win possible, especially on the road. It was our first game, but a game we should have won. Overall we played okay, but if you eliminate those last two minutes of the game, we could be having a different conversation.” Charlie Villanueva
Recap via Pistons.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/teams/pistons/2010/10/28/NJNRecapm4v-1451003.flv /]
- Bynum just 3-for-10 from the floor. He finished with 10 points, 3 boards and 2 assists.
- The second unit played well together.
- Solid play from Maxiell who gobbled up any of the minutes Monroe would have seen.
- “I expect the chemistry to pick up. Last year we had a lot of injuries so it was hard to build chemistry, but I don’t see that happening this year. I think we’ll be able to get our chemistry going a lot quicker and in turn that will make us a better team.” Ben Gordon
- Sadly the D isn’t back in defense. Detroit looks no better on the defensive end than they did last season.
- 81 more.