To quickly re-hash what has happened this offseason:
- Rasheed Wallace, the inspiration for this site, decided to hang up his Air Force Ones and call it a career
- PF/C Greg Monroe and SG Terrico White were selected by the Pistons in the 2010-2011 NBA Draft
- Ben Wallace and Will Bynum signed multi-year deals to remain in Detroit
- SF/SG Tracy McGrady signed a 1 yr deal for the veteran’s minimum
- Four groups of buyers have gone public with their interest in purchasing the Pistons from Mr. Davidson’s wife.
- Jason Maxiell signed up for twitter, as did Ben Gordon
- Charlie Villanueva asked us which kind of car he should buy on Twitter
- Shaquille O’Neal says he “was offered” or “could’ve gotten” $8 million dollars to play for the Pistons this season
- Chris Wilcox exercised his player option for the 2nd and final year of his current contract
- Not surprisingly, the Pistons are only scheduled for 1 nationally televised game this season. It’s against the Pacers on the back half of the schedule which means, if Detroit or Indiana are not in playoff contention this game will likely get bumped.
- Ben Gordon announced on Twitter that he will be changing his number from 7 to 8 next season
- Packey (and pals) have started up their player previews for this season over at Detroit Bad Boys – Chris Wilcox, DaJuan Summers, Terrico White, and Tracy McGrady are up first
- If you don’t yet have a Twitter account, you missed out on possibly one of the deepest discussions about snack crackers in recent history. On one side was #TeamWheatThins and the other, #TeamTriscuit. It spawned into a potential tournament of snack crackers here (full disclosure: I am #TeamWheatThins, as you can see by my Twitter avatar here)
- Last, but certainly not least, Natalie interviewed Will Bynum using your questions! Will, as usual, was a great sport about it and we here at Need4Sheed wish him and the rest of the boys in blue well this season
In other site news, we will be participating in the 2010-2011 NBA Season Preview that is run by Jeff Clark at CelticsBlog.com, so keep an eye out for that in the near future. Natalie and I have also briefly exchanged ideas for more contests and giveaways for you guys for the upcoming season as well.
If you’re like me, at this point you just want training camp to open and the NBA season to start. This has been an extremely busy offseason for just about every NBA team, and it’ll be interesting to see how the new faces in new places pan out for their respective organizations. Aside from Miami, who do you guys think were the biggest winners of the offseason in the NBA? Are you excited with the moves the Pistons have made? If you were coach of the Pistons, what would your starting lineup be? Have any of you been paying attention to the USA Basketball team this summer? Does USA Basketball “do it” for you as a substitute for the NBA regular season or playoffs? Do you see any trades, involving major players like Carmelo Anthony or Detroit’s own Tayshaun Prince, happening this season?
Those are just some short, easy topics to think about and discuss. Let’s fire up the old comments section again, and get ready for the season.