Need4Sheed Guest Writer: JOE D
This was a great game for Toronto fans who were hoping to see their team fight their way into the eighth spot in the Eastern conference playoffs. For Pistons fans, it was a feeling all the same, just another reminder of what kind of season it has been in Detroit. Yet another game for the Pistons to fight for the first quarter but cant hold it together for the full 48 minutes.
Key Points 111-97
- No Bosh, Dorsey or Wright for Toronto.
- Pistons without Rip and Chris Wilcox.
- Toronto came out firing, hoping to keep their season alive. And everyone on that bench made their presence felt.
- It was close for the first quarter, until the Raptors outscored Detroit by 14 in the second.
- Every time The Pistons made a run Toronto made the right plays to push the lead even further.
- My man Amir Johnson stuck it to his former team tonight, scoring a career-high 26 points adding two rebounds and a blocked shot.
- Is it just me, or do the refs favor everyone except The Pistons?
- The Raptors shot a scorching 61% from the floor, and 64% from behind the long line.
- Board War tied 34-34
- Ben Gordon lead the Pistons again with 24 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists. Nice ruby red slippers by the way Ben.
- The Raptors had 34 assists, and a career high 12 from Jarret Jack.
- Great block by Will Bynum in the first quarter. This one brought the house down, dare I say Bymumite!
Video Courtesy of The NBA and The Detroit Pistons
- Season sweep for Toronto against the Pistons this year.
- First time Detroit hasn’t won 30 games since the 1994-’95 season.
- Largest lead by Toronto was 22 points. 4 for the Pistons.
- Detroit had 11 offensive rebounds to Toronto’s 4.
- Toronto ended a four game losing streak.
- Andrea Bargnani went off tonight scoring 33 points going 5 for 6 from behind the arc. The man barley touched the rim all night.
- The Pistons shot a dismal 29% from behind the arc, there’s definitely no way to win doing that.
- Charlie V scored 16 off the bench tonight, nice night tonight out of Charlie we’re starting to see some consistency out of him and Benny G.
- 37 assists for Toronto tonight, they played some great basketball with their backs against the wall.
- The Pistons are slashing prices for next seasons tickets, up to 10-50% off all seats!
- I guess Charlie V couldn’t come through on his guarantee. That’s why there are no guarantees…only Guaransheeds.