Well the first quarter of this one tell nothing of the story of the game. The Pistons were holding their own against the Jazz until the second quarter happened and they were outscored 35-14. This was one of those games that makes you think twice about what’s going on in the D, so if you missed it…put a smile on your face. The final score of the continued Jazz dominance against the Pistons 115-104.
- Another game without Ben Wallace and another game that shows just how much the man anchored the entire defense. Besides the Swede, we look as soft at the Pilsbury dough-boy.
- Nice to see Stuckey on the bench in street clothes. He’s missed dearly, just hope he really is ok.
- The Pistons second unit is NOT getting it done.
- The Utah streak against the Pistons now stands at 10 in a row.
- At one point during a run, the Jazz were shooting close to 70%, while they held the Pistons to 31%.
- Yes, it really was that bad Jonas.
- Never noticed this lineup, which Kuester showed in the third. Tay, Daye, Ben Gordon, Charlie V and Jonas.
- It just has to be in Ben Gordon’s head at this point. He can’t hit a shot for anything. Ben shot 4-for-11 for 11 points…it will come.
- Utah is a very good team.
- Charlie Villanueva led Detroit with 19 points on 8-for-18 shooting in 26 minutes on the floor. I know he played ok, but it’s like a Sheed deja-vu ——POST UP CV!
- Detroit allowed the Jazz a 56% shooting night and seemed to contest absolutely noting in the paint.
- At this point, more A Daye and DaJuan please.
- Another start for Will Bynum who wasn’t hitting much either. Will went 4-for-10 and took some ill advised shots. He was clearly outmatched against Deron and he wracked up just 2 assists.
- Double-double for Jason Maxiell with 11 boards and 10 points. He’s doing what he can to pick up the slack for Wallace.
- Looked like the Pistons were all playing one on one basketball until they got into trouble and either jacked up a bad shot or passed it away when getting trapped. No semblance of any types of plays or organization offensively or defensively.
- Jonas Jerebko 13 points, 5 boards and three steals. I’ll not even going out on a limb when I say he’s currently the fan favorite at the Palace and it really shows.
- Best part of the game, The Need4Sweed putback jam.
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2010/03/10/0020900955_uta_det_play3.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
Video Courtesy of The Detroit Pistons and The NBA
- Oh and BTW, did anyone notice the Need For Sweed custom jersey in the crowd!