The Pistons dropped another game, and with it another season series. The Bulls swept the Pistons for the first time in 14 seasons, while handing them their 8th loss in a row.
The final score 110-103.
- How long has Flip Murray been with the Bulls? Long enough to put up 23 points on his former team.
- The Bulls went on a 31-11 run to take a 64-44 halftime lead. You need to score big numbers, just play the Pistons, apposing teams are averaging 110 points against.
- The Bulls lead by as much as 21, the Pistons scored the first 5 points, which was their biggest lead of the game.
- I’m sure the Pistons would love to have Ben Wallace back, their really is no D in the D without him.
- Couldn’t pull it out despite a game high 29 points from Rip Hamilton. Rip was 10-for-20 with 5 assists, a steal and one board in 34 minutes on the floor.
- DaJuan Summers gets 5 minutes on the court lat in the game and scores a quick 7 points and almost gets Detroit back in the game. I’ll take more Summers time please. He’s athletic, has quick feet and can knock down the tree.
- Rodney Stuckey is really playing well off the bench. Stuck scored 20 points in 26 minutes with 3 boards and three assists. He rolled his ankle in the third quarter and it looked like he wouldn’t return, but he got a magic tape up from Arnie and just kept on scoring.
- Charlie Villanueva …..pathetic. He played just 4 minutes and the only shots he took didn’t even come close to the rim. You might want to go with that whole side of barn analogy.
- Ben Gordon par for the course, 1-for-5 on the night for 3 points. When Kwame Brown scores just as many points as you….you have problems.
- Another nice showing from Austin Day, he’s got to help grab boards, but he does know how to score.
- A Tay inbound pass right to Austin Day for the easy lay in, was not only nice but scared the Bulls into a time out when the game clock was winding down.
- Prince with 13 points, 6 assists a steal and 3 boards. He’s really looked good and he’s handling the ball well. It’s too bad his performances haven’t translated into wins.
- Maxiell is still doing his best to fill in for Ben. Jason scored 4 with 10 boards, 2 steals and 2 blocks. He’s all we have on the defensive end right now.
- Solid stat line again from Jonas Jerebko, who had one of the nicest jump hooks I have seen from a Piston in quite some time. JJ finished with 12 points, 5 boards and an assist in 37 minutes on the floor (the most of any Pistons player). I love the fact that the fans have embraced him, but can someone tell me what the relevance of the “Eagle” is? The two young men that I see at almost every game that dress up and have Swedish Eagle signs really makes me think.
- Jokim Noah drives me nuts…does he always have to try to look goofy? The Bulls had their black uniforms on with the black shoes and black socks. Noah just had to have the white shoes on to make himself stand out while looking like an out of place 6th grader.
- Highlights of the Game via NBA.com
[flashvideo file=http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/pistons/2010/03/28/0020901090_CHI_DET_recap.nba_nba_576x324.flv /]
- At least they fought back in the second half, right?
- Don’t forget I’m expecting your calls Monday night when I co-host the Celtics Late Night Show from 9 to 11 pm. This is your chance to get all your green hate out. We’ll be taking your calls all throughout the show so I’m expecting Pistons fans to outnumber the Celtics fans. We have to complain to someone don’t we?