Welcome Back Antonio McDyess

The Pistons vs. The Spurs

The 19-35 Detroit Pistons host the 31-22 San Antonio Spurs this evening at The Palace of Auburn Hills. This marks the first time Antonio McDyess will be back at the Palace after signing with San Antonio this season.

I know you may not believe this but, I’m more excited to see Antonio’s return than I was for Sheed’s. Dyess will forever hold a a special place with me for his character, will, determination, and most of all his heart.

Forget the Spurs Scouting Report, let’s pay tribute to Antonio.

Get the Flash Player to see this content.

Get your ICE DYESS
Ice4Dyess.com

Tip is at 6 :00 pm EST and will be televised on Fox Sports Detroit. For the radio broadcast tune in to 97.1 The Ticket or follow the action over at NBA.com.

I’ll take some Flip Video of Pistons fans reaction to McDyess. And for some reason if you see someone with an Ice4Dyess T-shirt…you know who it is.

NEED4SHEED GAME CHAT

Please Donate to help feed the Hungry

18 Responses to The Pistons vs. The Spurs

1. The Fan says:

LETS GO DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETRooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOITTT!!!

2. DieHardPistonsFan says:

HARD NOT 2 LOVE DYESS. SA IS A SENTIMENTAL FAVORITE 2 WIN IT ALL(EVEN THOU IT MAY NOT HAPPEN THIS YEAR)

3. detroitstones808 says:

Rip did not need to pick up that foul. He was just frustrated and it cost us because we could have been up by one and won the game if u didn’t pick up that lam foul at the end. I don’t like that concentration at all by RIp.

4. Buzz Killington says:

BAD MOVE BY RIP… Falling for Ginobili’s trap.. He’s supposedly a veteran, should’ve known better than fouling Manu on dead ball… sucks

5. edt says:

remember both him & tayshaun are playing on a losing team for the first time in almost a decade. It hard for him and other pros might just walk in and cash a paycheck, but he is playing with intensity and effort every night. Let him get a few techs.

6. zeke khaseli says:

Pistons WIN! One step forward hopefully not two steps back..

7. Ben's FRO says:

Good win for Detroit tonight 109 – 101 against a tough team. Great Defence and BG was superb! =D

8. Wade says:

YEEEEHAWWWW Pistons Beat The Celtics with Sheed and now the Spurs with Dyess.. DEETROIIIIIIT BASKKKETBALLLLLLLL

9. Ross says:

Great win tonight! I can’t say that I liked the cheap b.s. with the hack a Ben strategy. That really pissed me off tonight, I would have liked it if the Spurs just would have played out the final three and a half minutes. I have to say now that I don’t care if Dice ever does win a championship on this team. Hate to say it but San Antonio just might be my new least favorite team, but I still hate you Miami.

10. James (Australia) says:

Rodney Stuckey 3/3 from downtown???
    Everyone contributed. I just hope for once, we can build off this win and start playing some consistently good basketball

11. junior says:

ya stuckey? 3/3 that is a miracle, unless hes been secretly working on his 3′s since he lost that one game on a missed 3. hopefully that is the case cause if he can consistently make 3′s he will be unstoppable if people have to respect his shot he will be able to blow by everyone. o well probably a fluke ill watch the game when i get home tonught from work. hopefully it was not a fluke. GO PISTONS

12. junior says:

hack a ben? really?

13. Colton Keck says:

Im so sick of sheed still getting no love , I mean come the fuck on , Every one was bashing on sheed for shooting the long ball and rebounding , and now nat , yeah i like mcdyess but hes a journey man he has no home , sheed was the thing that got us over the hump im mean really . And then you made Charlie v out to be some hero and he has no discipline , 7 seconds on the shot clock and just throwing stupid fade away threes up , at least rasheed could start on a Good pistons team ,

14. KleenGee says:

Winning formula tonight. Fun game.

I missed the tech after regulation. Anybody know what happened?

BTW: Ginobli got a few lame calls for his acting. If the refs saw through his flopping, there wouldn’t have been an OT. Nat, I hope you have a video of him running into Big Ben.

15. James (Australia) says:

I don’t know when Charlie V has been made out to be a hero.
    I don’t know when Sheed has not been shown appreciation for his contribution to the Pistons. Sheed was just a polarizing figure; you either loved him or hated him. McDyess on the other hand was the opposite. Everyone loved him. He just gave everything to the Pistons and the game of basketball.

16. Tycoon says:

The game was winnable for the Spurs and the hack a Ben thing is not an illegal strategy though annoying. Good to see them pull this win.

17. James T says:

Who’s bashing Sheed Colton? Natalie said she was more excited to see Dyess, that’s it where is the bashing? And FYI Dyess was here only a 1/2 a season less than Sheed.

Great win, shows we really can play elite teams when we give it all we can.

18. The Fan says:

People bash Sheed because he pretty much cashed it all in the last two seasons he was with the pistons.

LAZY SHEED!

People love mcdyess and billups because they played everynight.